DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   New HVX200 Panasonic Rebate (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/82456-new-hvx200-panasonic-rebate.html)

Ben Bixby December 24th, 2006 08:19 PM

New HVX200 Panasonic Rebate

Same as the previous 8 GIG deal... except they extended it to March 31, 2007. Awesome!

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...odel=AG-HVX200

Martin Iverson December 25th, 2006 02:27 AM

It is a great deal, if you ever get your card. They say to expect a wait of 4-6 weeks but after 5 weeks I got a letter saying they needed the original invoice showing when I purchased the camera. With how excited a guy can get waiting for his first P2 card to arrive you can imagine how disappointing it is to have to continue waiting.

I'm trying to keep a good attitude, but the letter sure felt like a delay tactic or worse. Couldn't that request for an invoice have come to me in the first week, or since we all have e-mail, with in the first day or submitting a request? The request also came with a warning that if they didn't hear from me with in 30 days they would just send the book. That doesn't seem so bad until you know that they sent it in an envelope that doesn't have the word Panasonic on it anywhere and looks like junk mail. I almost threw it out without opening it! The suspicious side of me thinks that's what they wanted me to do, or to set it aside and forget about it. Well, that didn't happen to me. My invoice went back by registered mail.

By complaining I almost feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth. But, that offer of a gift is what persuaded me to gift them a pile of my money. (My customers are not yet asking for HD.) Posting this is good however, because I can warn others that are waiting for their P2 cards to arrive to check all of their mail carefully.

So bottom line____ Free P2 card... GOOD! Wait... BAD!

Darrin Altman December 25th, 2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Iverson
It is a great deal, if you ever get your card. They say to expect a wait of 4-6 weeks but after 5 weeks I got a letter saying they needed the original invoice showing when I purchased the camera. With how excited a guy can get waiting for his first P2 card to arrive you can imagine how disappointing it is to have to continue waiting.

I'm trying to keep a good attitude, but the letter sure felt like a delay tactic or worse. Couldn't that request for an invoice have come to me in the first week, or since we all have e-mail, with in the first day or submitting a request? The request also came with a warning that if they didn't hear from me with in 30 days they would just send the book. That doesn't seem so bad until you know that they sent it in an envelope that doesn't have the word Panasonic on it anywhere and looks like junk mail. I almost threw it out without opening it! The suspicious side of me thinks that's what they wanted me to do, or to set it aside and forget about it. Well, that didn't happen to me. My invoice went back by registered mail.

By complaining I almost feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth. But, that offer of a gift is what persuaded me to gift them a pile of my money. (My customers are not yet asking for HD.) Posting this is good however, because I can warn others that are waiting for their P2 cards to arrive to check all of their mail carefully.

So bottom line____ Free P2 card... GOOD! Wait... BAD!

Now when you register on line for the rebate you are transferred to a rebate page where they tell you to send in your original receipt plus a print out of the rebate page. I called the rebate number to check on my P2 card and book and the lady told me that Panasonic is now using a new rebate administrator and I should be receiving my card soon.

She made it sound like there might have been problems with the initial company they used. She also mentioned some customers applying for rebates with cameras purchased from unauthorized retailers.

I think the receipt request was implemented by the new rebate administrator for security purposes.

Martin Iverson December 25th, 2006 09:59 PM

Good to know that they have improved things. That's very encouraging.

Has anybody received their free P2 card yet?