DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/)
-   -   Best cameras Nikon D90, D300s after new specification D3100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/483660-best-cameras-nikon-d90-d300s-after-new-specification-d3100.html)

Mohammed Al-Saber August 22nd, 2010 08:07 AM

Best cameras Nikon D90, D300s after new specification D3100

Hello all
I soon buys one of the Nikon cameras, I need to help you to choose one of these cameras:
D90
D300s
D3100

Thank you to those who help me and thank those who do not help me

Steve Phillipps August 22nd, 2010 08:12 AM

Check some of the D3100 threads just posted here.

In my estimation at least the answer to your question is a) Canon 7D, b) Canon 5D, c) wait a while

Steve

Manus Sweeney August 22nd, 2010 08:52 AM

Hey Mohammed,

You mention you have a lot of Nikkor lenses, was that the reason you wanted to buy a Nikon? Be aware that you can still use these on a Canon camera with an adapter and they will work as good as Canon lenses for video, as there will be no Autofocus anyway.

There may be a new Canon, the 60D announced at the end of this week so you could wait to see if thats interesting.

Mohammed Al-Saber August 22nd, 2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps (Post 1561410)
Check some of the D3100 threads just posted here.

In my estimation at least the answer to your question is a) Canon 7D, b) Canon 5D, c) wait a while

Steve

Hello Steve
I can not turn to Canon, I have a good lens from Nikon ... It works with the camera Sony ex3 ... So I will sell the D300 and then I buy another Nikon ... I think will be the Camera D3100 but I was puzzled by my

See here
Digital SLR Cameras from Nikon

Specifications - Nikon D3100 | Nikon

Thank you Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manus Sweeney (Post 1561416)
Hey Mohammed,

You mention you have a lot of Nikkor lenses, was that the reason you wanted to buy a Nikon? Be aware that you can still use these on a Canon camera with an adapter and they will work as good as Canon lenses for video, as there will be no Autofocus anyway.

There may be a new Canon, the 60D announced at the end of this week so you could wait to see if thats interesting.

Thank you Manus
Do you mean D60 or new ones .. Please link by the news

Manus Sweeney August 22nd, 2010 12:59 PM

Hello Mohammed,

the 60D is rumored to be released this week.

It is a Canon but if you are buying the camera to use for video you will be able to use all of your Nikon lenses with an adapter the same as you could use them on a Nikon. If you want autofocus with video with your lenses the only option is the D3100 but doesnt seem like it will be a very good camera for video overall.

For general information maybe you can check this article http://philipbloom.net/2010/08/19/whichdslr/

Steve Phillipps August 22nd, 2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohammed Al-Saber (Post 1561476)
I can not turn to Canon, I have a good lens from Nikon ... It works with the camera Sony ex3 ... So I will sell the D300 and then I buy another Nikon ... I think will be the Camera D3100 but I was puzzled by my

If you wanted a camera to do stills as well as video then I see your point, but if you just want to shoot video then there's no reason not to buy a Canon.
Steve

Mohammed Al-Saber August 23rd, 2010 04:01 PM

Thanks- Steve
Thanks- Manus
I really want to use a second angle from Nikon with the Sony EX3, I have my doubts about the footage from the cameras, if in one movie, Then I am not sure that Fotodiox Pro Adapter works well with Nikon.

Manus Sweeney August 28th, 2010 12:01 PM

Hey mohammed, i just got a fotodiox pro and there is a huge difference between the cheaper ebay adapters, it really works just as well and tight as using a canon lens.

You should be able to find some clips of the footage from ex3 mixed with the canons.

The problem with the Nikons is the video functions are still a bit behind those of the Canons.

Manus

Steve Rusk August 30th, 2010 01:03 AM

If you can wait a little longer...

Nikon is expected to announce the D90 replacement (D7000) in two weeks. From what we've seen on the D3100, at the very least you can expect 1080p at 24 fps...but the rumors indicate advancements on all fronts.

Mohammed Al-Saber September 13th, 2010 10:33 AM

If you buy a Canon 60d to me, how to work the Nikon lens, in a good performance with the camera.
What is the best:
Fotodiox.
Novoflex.
AF and Nverm.
Kipon.