DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photon Management (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/)
-   -   what's the idea behind the Rifa eXchange modules? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/204426-whats-idea-behind-rifa-exchange-modules.html)

Michael Liebergot May 20th, 2009 03:25 PM

test

Love my Rifa 44 and 55.
I use them on lots of interview shoots.

Richard Gooderick May 20th, 2009 04:20 PM

Now that you have got some good lights the next thing you will need is a decent monitor so you can really what's going on: I've just bought a Marshall: it never stops does it!

Looking forward to that drink :-)

Richard Gooderick July 8th, 2009 03:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
As promised. Some screen grabs from a shoot. In standard definition (it's what the customer wanted).
Rifa with 5500 bulbs on right of camera.
Cool Lights LED600 with colour correction gel on left.
It's a bit shiny but the make-up artist was on holiday ;-)

Jerry Porter July 8th, 2009 08:29 AM

Very nice, how would you rate the output of the Flos vs. Tung? I have 2 88's that I'm thinking of converting for a particular place that I shoot a lot that has ton's of sunlight coming in, but also some very dark corners behind the subject that I would like to light better.

Perrone Ford July 8th, 2009 08:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Porter (Post 1168767)
Very nice, how would you rate the output of the Flos vs. Tung? I have 2 88's that I'm thinking of converting for a particular place that I shoot a lot that has ton's of sunlight coming in, but also some very dark corners behind the subject that I would like to light better.

Jerry,

I have a RIFA88 that I've been using for about a year now. Here's a tip...

You can purchase 1 -> 2 socket adapters for the unit. Basically, these are designed for home use so that you can put 2 bulbs where one would normally go. I end up daisy chaining these in my Rifa88 with the FLO-3 fixture so that I can get 6 or 7 CFLs in there. The unit still stays cool, I still draw less power than I would with the tungsten, and the light output is obviosuly over double what I would get from just the 3 CFL lamps.

I've taken pictures of this, and I'll try to run them down.

[Edit]

Couldn't find the old one's so I just shot two quickies...

-P

Richard Gooderick July 8th, 2009 03:00 PM

Jerry
I honestly don't know. The advantage of using the flos, to my mind, is being able to mix them with daylight. I haven't tried comparing them with tungsten in the dark.

Perrone Ford July 8th, 2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Porter (Post 1168767)

The photometrics of both are available right on the Lowel Rifa page.