DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photon Management (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/)
-   -   OB Light... with built-in microphone? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/512178-ob-light-built-microphone.html)

Alex Pineyro November 19th, 2012 12:10 AM

OB Light... with built-in microphone?

Lol

Just came across this led light.:

YONGNUO YN-160 II YN160 II LED Light for Cameras Camcorders | YongNuo photo equipment online store

I´m still trying to understand the mic part.

Now I want one just for the heck of it.

Cheers!

Alex

Arthur Gannis November 19th, 2012 10:09 AM

re: OB Light... with built-in microphone?

What is truly amazing is that it has the auto dimming circuitry included, which automatically , via a photosensor, adjusts the brightness for you as you go closer or further away. Wow. I am just curious if someone,say with a white dress ( a bride) is in the frame, will the sensor "read" it as a bright object and underexpose the face and likewise, if say the groom with a dark tuxedo, will he be overexposed because the sensor sees mostly a black suit? Also, I don't see any brightness or photometric specs on it. All they give is a 5600K (outdoor bluish) rendition with a CRI index rating in % ???. CRI is always given as just a number. The microphone part is purely genius, especially considering it's a condenser type. That alone is worth the price. If only they would include a built-in camera...hmmm.

Chris Hurd November 21st, 2012 08:56 AM

Re: OB Light... with built-in microphone?

Thread title changed from "Does the miracles like this ever cease?"

To " OB Light... with built-in microphone?"

Please avoid using ambiguous thread titles on this site... thanks,

Colin McDonald November 21st, 2012 05:35 PM

Damn! - I was just about to bring my dynamic mic with built in LED ring light for interviews to the market as well.

Gary Nattrass November 22nd, 2012 03:47 AM

Sigh and cue the zillions of posts regarding "is this better than a rode videomic" or I did an interview and my sound is really distant or even worse has loads of buzz on it from the light/ crackling noise from the gel I added.

As for the light intensity it is pretty much the equivalent of setting your camera to auto exposure and we all know what results in that.

I just wish manufacturers stopped trying to re-invent the wheels all the time as what may seem a good idea just seems to throw up even more problems for production, slapping a couple of $5 omni electret "condensor" mic's on the top of a camera light is hardly genius and the resulting crap sound will give evidence to this. You can see the mic holes on the top at either end, cheap and nasty comes to mind and I feel this is not a serious video making product!

Greg Miller November 28th, 2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

The condenser MIC offers broad frequency response range, high sensitivity, more crystal clear, exquisite and accurate recording.
With bi-way amplifier and noise reduction circuit, the built-in condenser stereo MIC offers crystal clear and stereo recording, and perfectly transmit the sound on spot.
With detailed specs like these, not to mention the entirely wrong terminology and mangled Chinglish, you know this is going to be a quality product.

I presume YongNuoStore.com is a worldwide division of P. T. Barnum Enterprises.

Gary Nattrass November 28th, 2012 05:27 AM

I just can't wait till they bring out the 5.1 digital surround version!!! ;0)

even better whilst they are on build in a 6 channel recorder as well but it will have to be less than $100 to get my business!