Private Classifieds listings from 2009 - Page 327 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #4891
Regular Crew

Everything has been sold except for the following:

* New after-market BP-970G battery - $40
* Vidpro VID-300 camcorder bag - $45

Both come with free shipping. I'm also offering a combo deal for $80. Payments can be made here: RPS Films ~ Professional and inexpensive wedding videography services for Michigan couples

Thanks for looking!
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #4892
Major Player

bump......
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #4893
Regular Crew

If you read some of the specs and info on the link I included you will see the differences. Here are some off the top of my head I can think of.

The Canon is a single sensor and the Panny is a 3 Cmos system they call 3Mos. Big difference there.

The Panny can overcrank to 60p in 720 mode. That's 50% slo mo shot in camera. Amazing if you need slo mo.

The Panny has much better manual controls if the focus, shutter and iris. The iris and gain are tied together similar to what the old VX2000 series from Sony did. The cool thing as you get into the gain it ramps up in 1db increments instead of preset levels like my A1 does.

The Panny has an eyepiece viewfinder. Many shooters know the eyepiece helps stabilize shots in certain situations. I shoot handheld all the time and the eyepiece is very important on some shots...especially outdoors.

The Panny has Zebra setting for better monitoring of exposure.

The Panny has focus assist that is actually functional while recording (something my A1 can't do).

The Panny has Scene File programmability like the HMC150 does. The 150 allows up to 5 scene files. The HMC 40 allows only 2. I think they are the same setups and you can copy and load scenefiles from others users.

The Panny has a waveform function that will put a waveform monitor right on the screen so you can visually see how your exposure levels are.

There are 3 user preset buttons accessible on the side that you can program for commonly used functions.

There is an XLR adaptor available as an option if you want one. It has a plug on the bottom of the cam and it mounts right under the handle.

One feature I discovered on the Panny that was pretty cool is a touch auto focus. Touch the screen while the camera is on and a menu pops up. There is touch autofocus available. Activate it and where ever you touch the screen while shoot will go into focus. I played around with this function pulling smooth rack focus's. It was one feature that if I kept the cam would get used alot. It is easier than a focus ring for that purpose while handheld...less camera shake.

How does it compare to the HMC150. Well the 150 is better as it has CCD instead of CMOS. It is a higher end camera. This was not created to compete with the 150 but to compliment it in your arsenal. I believe scene files between the 2 can be shared. Some of the features may be accessed on the HMC40 via menus instead of switches and buttons like the 150. That is to be expected. It is a more compact camera built to be a complement to the 150. For it's size factor and price there aren't many other cams out there that can do what it does. If you pull the handle off (easily removable) and take of the lens hood it would easily pass for a consumer camera. This means you could pose as a regular person while doing pro type shooting.

Those are just the highlights that make this camera superior to the HG20. The HG20 is under $1K but it is a consumer level camera. This has many pro features you can't find in a consumer camera.

Hope that helps.
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #4894
Major Player

This thread can be closed out now. Kit went to Ebay.
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #4895
Regular Crew

The items arrived well packaged and as described.

thanks!
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #4896
Major Player

Thing is, if I got it, it would be an upgrade for my HG20, and while I like the manual control of the iris and the zebra monitoring, those aren't really big features for me...

What I'm really concerned with is image quality and low-light performance; and I'm not sure that the HMC40 would do better than the HG20 in these areas, simply because I haven't seen a heads up comparison.
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #4897
Major Player

The 501HDV Has sold. Thanks David!
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #4898
Regular Crew

Letus Extreme Kit

Letus Extreme with EX1 optimization kit plus Canon FD/EF mounts and v1 rail system. Used for about 40 hours.
$1200 + shipping.

Letus35 Extreme

Options: Thread Size: 77mm
Lens Mount: Improved Canon EF
Rod Support System: 45cm + 15cm Complete System
Additional Thread Size: 72mm
Additional Lens Mount: Canon FD
Camera Optimization Kit: Sony PMW-EX1

Plus one more additional Canon FD Mount

Check this link for photos
MobileMe Gallery
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #4899
Film Gal

You're very welcome!
Old October 10th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #4900
New Boot

*REDUCED* New Mac Pro Quad Tower W/ 23in Samsung HD Monitor and more

Hello everyone. I just bought a new Mac Pro a little over a month ago and I have decided that I would rather buy a cam to shoot my new doc with. It is the new 2.66 Nehalem processor. I am also including the Samsung 2343BWX monitor that is also about a month old. I bought the mac a week before snow leopard came out so the restore disks are 10.5 but I bought the 10.6 disk the day it came out so you can choose if you want to run 10.5 or 10.6. I also have iWork 09 and Aperture 2 that I will also include in the package. To round off the package I also will add my canon mp470 printer into the mix and a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter so you can run a second monitor. I have books, manuals, and boxes for everything. Everything in the package is worth well over $3200, the tower alone after tax is over $2700. I am asking for $2300 obo for everything. I can accept paypal and I will ship as soon as payment is received. Below are the specs of the Mac Pro and the Samsung 2343BWX. This was purchased to edit audio and film. I have been running Avid Media Composer for the last month. I realized I probably should of bought the camera first so I would have footage to edit. I am over the return time limit so my mistake could be your gain. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Rich

MAC PRO INFORMATION
o One 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
o 3GB (3x1GB)
o 640GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
o NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
o One 18x SuperDrive
o Apple Mighty Mouse
o Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) and User's Guide
o AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Card with 802.11n
o Country Kit

SAMSUNG 2343BWX
Screen Size: 23" wide
Resolution: 2048 X 1152
Brightness: 300 cd/m
Response Time: 5ms
Viewing Angle: 170 degrees / 160 degrees
Connector: 15pin D-SUB, DVI-D
Video Signal: analog RGB, DVI

Last edited by Richard Giller; October 10th, 2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Lower Price
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #4901
New Boot

Price drop

bump, bump...

And price drop to $2,750.

Anyone, anyone?
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #4902
Regular Crew

Still available?

Hey Adam, is the EX1 still available?
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #4903
Regular Crew

Yes sir. And the ultimate.
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #4904
Regular Crew

A few pictures of the camera and adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Private Classifieds listings from 2009-img_0156.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2009-img_0157.jpg  

Private Classifieds listings from 2009-img_0158.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2009-img_0159.jpg  

Private Classifieds listings from 2009-img_0160.jpg  
Old October 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #4905
Regular Crew

PD170 Accesseries, PBRS & PBPM, wide lenses

6 PB raincslickers ( 2 new with tags, 3 used, and 1 really used { just dirty})
5 PB polar mittens ( all five never used, just dirty from traveling, 3 in great condition, 2 in really damn good condition)
11- 0.7 wide conversion lenses ( 3 new never used, 7 used but in good/excellent, 1 good/ excellent but missing lens cover. All lenses have covers and bags.
15 packs of ND filters

i can mix match anything you want. all my gear is in good condition... just maybe a lil dirty.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds