DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Remote Lens Controllers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/remote-lens-controllers/)
-   -   Benk Lanc remotes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/remote-lens-controllers/106580-benk-lanc-remotes.html)

Sunny Singh October 26th, 2007 12:38 PM

Benk Lanc remotes

Does anyone have any experience with the Benk Lanc-50 remote (with a GL2)? Most Lanc remotes are way out of my budget, so I'd like to find a decent remote at a reasonable price. Thanks!

Dan Copeland October 26th, 2007 06:05 PM

What I did was buy an inexpensive controller off Ebay $40. didn't like the feel of the speed adjustment. So I installed the circuit board in a new heavy duty box and used heavy duty switches. Had to find a 8 bit rotary encoder so I could use the adjusable zoom speeds in 8 steps from low to fast zoom. I will post a pic of it later

DaNc

Chris Hurd October 26th, 2007 07:17 PM

These Benk-branded controllers are going for about $60 on Ebay. I've never used one. What you have to watch out for is that the cheaper the controller, the less likely it'll be compatible with your camcorder. It's a gamble. I'd like to hear from anyone who is actually using one of these things.

Dan Copeland October 26th, 2007 07:22 PM

The one I bought came with a tripod (gave that away quick) it was on the tripod handle with a clip. I use it on my Sony Z1U and can control speed stepped and focus near far Record and turn the camera off and on and I have data view hooked up as well. It works well but I am looking at using a servo controller and servo to use the cameras zoom as it is more linear.

DaNc

Sunny Singh October 26th, 2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Copeland (Post 765539)
What I did was buy an inexpensive controller off Ebay $40. didn't like the feel of the speed adjustment. So I installed the circuit board in a new heavy duty box and used heavy duty switches. Had to find a 8 bit rotary encoder so I could use the adjusable zoom speeds in 8 steps from low to fast zoom. I will post a pic of it later

DaNc

Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 765570)
These Benk-branded controllers are going for about $60 on Ebay. I've never used one. What you have to watch out for is that the cheaper the controller, the less likely it'll be compatible with your camcorder. It's a gamble. I'd like to hear from anyone who is actually using one of these things.

Yeah, I heard about them through an eBay search for Lanc remotes. My budget is extremely tight since this is just a hobby of mine, unfortunately. I'm a bit surprised at how expensive remotes can be. I've given the low-end Zoom Commanders some thought, but if I could save money and still get a functional remote, that'll suffice. I just need something simple with variable zoom, start/stop rec, and focus capabilities.

Dan Copeland October 26th, 2007 09:02 PM

The one I bought was this one (do a search for 120175836915 item number ) $46.00 but it came with the Lanc like this one 300164009812 $55.00 the clip on one and it does everthing on my Z1u I just didn't like the speed control nob

DaNc