DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Remote Lens Controllers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/remote-lens-controllers/)
-   -   LANC Controller... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/remote-lens-controllers/28401-lanc-controller.html)

Christian Van Horn July 2nd, 2004 04:27 PM

LANC Controller...

I found this on DV.com... I'm sorry if this is old news but its too cool to let by.

http://www.repairnation.com/misc/Cam...ler_review.htm

Graham Bernard July 3rd, 2004 02:13 AM

Christian yeah! Great price! .. No I hadn't seen this one . . However I see there isn't a variable zoom. There are only 2 speeds. I have the Canon ZR1000, this has 5 preset speeds PLUS the all important variable . . . But for $35 this HAS to be the buy of the Month! .. But if you want variable zoom? Look elsewhere . ..

Grazie

Christian Van Horn July 3rd, 2004 07:21 AM

Hey Graham...

"Community & Event Videography and Ceramicist! [ = Potter!]"

Would'nt be "Hairy Potter"? :-)

Graham Bernard July 3rd, 2004 08:01 AM

. .Oh yes that's me! I call myself that when I am doing open/public pottery demonstrations! Always raises a larf! . .. And yes I do sport facial hair - a beard!

Grazie

Jeff Toogood July 3rd, 2004 01:03 PM

Thanks!!

I just ordered one, I will let you guys know how it works!

Alan McCormick July 4th, 2004 02:23 AM

ZR1000

I opted for the ZR1000, should get it tomorrow.
My needs for the 5 presets and variable allowed me to make the decision.

OT - Grazie, are you back on email yet?

Graham Bernard July 4th, 2004 02:55 AM

Yup! Have been for about 3 weeks . .

Oh you getting the ZR? Great stuff .. If i'd known earlier about the Manfrotto AND I had the cash I would have gone for that . . I know you've had a go at my one, during the IoV evening, it is really good . the focus is great and the "stanby" button is valuable. . . I'm still wanting to know about the "On Screen" button . .

I'm now looking for a field monitor I can trap under my tripod. When I've got the Cammie high up, over the heas of audiences, I could really do with a 4" or 5" monitor at eye level. Other plusses for this would be for me to be able to get up real close and personal with my focussing .. .

Grazie

Alan McCormick July 4th, 2004 07:26 AM

Will email you again now.

As for the monitor I can see many uses for one and yes it is a problem focusing etc at high level (especially at my height ) <g>.

I think the screen button only applies when U have a monitor and will show the data on the external monitor (think so).

I got the ZR from Keenes in the end as Amazon etc have a 2 week lead time...

OT - btw I got the Portabrace rainslicker for a good price and it has come in very handy during the UK summer of the last 2 weeks.

Tony Hills July 5th, 2004 07:20 AM

Graham

For a monitor I use the 5.4" colour TV from Maplin - recently reduced to £130. (They also do a widescreen at £150.) It's slightly on the heavy side, but it has its own battery supply and can be used in the field, with a variety of fixings. You could also watch TV if you get bored (essential for yesterday - five major sporting events on one day)!

Regards

Tony

Jeff Toogood July 7th, 2004 06:48 AM

Well I guess I won't be letting your guys know what it is like because they wanted $62 US just to ship it into Canada!!!!

Holy Crap!!

Alan McCormick July 9th, 2004 01:28 PM

Grazie,

Got the ZR1000 but can't get hold of U.

How do U attach it to your Manfrotto pan handle? The clamp on the ZR1000 is too small for the diameter (or am I missing something)? I dont want to use velcro and it is not convenient on the tripod legs.

tia - want to use tomorrow night

Graham Bernard July 9th, 2004 03:45 PM

Hiyah! . . Sorry Al, been outa and about . . My LANC came with a clip with 2 diams for fixing onto 2 sizes/diams of handles. What is the diam of your Manf handle?

Grazie

Alan McCormick July 9th, 2004 11:29 PM

Don't have it handy "at the mo" but the diameter is bigger than the 2 zr1000 diameters which is a bummer. Suppose I can try and get longer bolts but no good today. ps I cannot find the pan handle diameter in the Manfrotto book or on their web site.

Robin Davies-Rollinson July 10th, 2004 02:11 AM

I had the same problem, so I found some longer bolts with some neat knurled plastic knobs - works a treat.

Robin.

Alan McCormick July 10th, 2004 10:59 AM

Thanks Robin, I guessed that would be the answer, just got to find the bolts now ;)