DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   DV Caddie Jr vs DVRig Jr (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/43864-dv-caddie-jr-vs-dvrig-jr.html)

Travis Petty December 1st, 2007 01:23 PM

DV Rig Jr.

I got my DV Rig Jr at Kennedys ENG in Euless *(between Dallas and Fort Worth). And yes, the keyring thing doesn't work worth a crap. My solution, which has been rock-solid for almost a year now, was to super-glue the keychain ring into its recepticle. Then I just took a carabiner, looped it through the ends of the neck strap, and now I clip/unclip my carabiner to the firmly-glue-in keychain ring.

Works wonderfully~

PS On shooting with the rig itself, I've found it quite effective and very handy, but I'd still like a better solution for the sheath-thats-connected-to-tha-Hip-Bone. It's not very comfortable after a long day of shoot (depending on your total camera weight, and how much you support your arms, therefore adding more "weight" to the affair).

I tried, once, using some additional padding between the sheath and my hip bone, but it didn't work so well. Maybe I could rig a basketball knee pad to it (I use those a lot on my should with the full-size cameras). Just have to come up with a solid rigging solution that (hopefully) doesn't include gaff tape.

Hope that helps!
Travis Petty
Director Camera
Frozen Fire Films
214-868-1651
www.frozenfirefilms.com

Danny Natovich December 1st, 2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Petty (Post 785507)
I got my DV Rig Jr at Kennedys ENG in Euless *(between Dallas and Fort Worth). And yes, the keyring thing doesn't work worth a crap. My solution, which has been rock-solid for almost a year now, was to super-glue the keychain ring into its recepticle. Then I just took a carabiner, looped it through the ends of the neck strap, and now I clip/unclip my carabiner to the firmly-glue-in keychain ring.

Works wonderfully~

PS On shooting with the rig itself, I've found it quite effective and very handy, but I'd still like a better solution for the sheath-thats-connected-to-tha-Hip-Bone. It's not very comfortable after a long day of shoot (depending on your total camera weight, and how much you support your arms, therefore adding more "weight" to the affair).

I tried, once, using some additional padding between the sheath and my hip bone, but it didn't work so well. Maybe I could rig a basketball knee pad to it (I use those a lot on my should with the full-size cameras). Just have to come up with a solid rigging solution that (hopefully) doesn't include gaff tape.

Hope that helps!
Travis Petty
Director Camera
Frozen Fire Films
214-868-1651
www.frozenfirefilms.com

The new DvRigJuniors are now supplied with a better padded waist belt and better connection for the safety strap. we will show it and few more new products at the
DVExpo in the Los Angeles convention center 5-6 December.2007

We will have special discounts at the show for details visit: www.dvtec.tv

Les Wilson September 27th, 2008 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use a Lowepro harness and deluxe waistband. Is the loop on the DVRig Junior holster compatible with the 2" sewn loops on the Lowepro waistband (see attached)? The Lowepro attachments us a 2" stab that locks onto the belt with velcro.

Lowepro harness and belt:
Lowepro - S&F Vest Harness

Lowepro attachment system:
http://products.lowepro.com//Catalog...029-IMG3L.jpeg

Danny Natovich September 27th, 2008 04:19 PM

The Junior Rig Holster has a spring clip that can be easily attached to
your belt. If you do not need the suplied belt print a note in the order form and you will get a $ 20 discount.

Danny.

Les Wilson September 27th, 2008 07:46 PM

I can work with that. Another question I have is about the shock absorbing pod. Is the spring tensioned in any way and about how far is the travel in the absorbtion?

Danny Natovich September 28th, 2008 01:55 PM

You have about 30 Cm of spring range, and another 30 Cm up without spring support. depending on camera weight and operators height.