DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   dvrig ?s (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/49780-dvrig-s.html)

George Bean August 22nd, 2005 12:08 PM

dvrig ?s

Looking for a few answers and comments from anyone using the dvrig pro. I currently shoot with the xl1 and gl2 camcorders.

Can the dvrig pro be configured with the dvrig pro gl2, firestore fs3 and anton bauer battery?

When using the dvrig pro or xl can I wear a battery belt?

Will the dvrig xl also work with the smaller cameras or is it strictly for the xl series?

Can the dvrig pro go directly from the shoulder mount to tripod mount, such as shooting pre ceremony then directly to the tripod for the ceremony back to handheld for the receiving line?

I have searched the forum and dvtec website, just want toe be sure I understand correctly the operation of the stabilizers.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Danny Natovich August 22nd, 2005 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=George Bean]Looking for a few answers and comments from anyone using the dvrig pro. I currently shoot with the xl1 and gl2 camcorders.

Can the dvrig pro be configured with the dvrig pro gl2, firestore fs3 and anton bauer battery?

>>>>Yes, you can strap the batt. on the back, replacing the balance weight. And there is plenty of room on the shoulder brace or the side bar for the firestore.

When using the dvrig pro or xl can I wear a battery belt?

>>>> You get a detachable spring clip holster with the kit, So you can hook it
to any belt.

Will the dvrig xl also work with the smaller cameras or is it strictly for the xl series?

>>>> The DvRigXL is designed for XL's left side view finder. It is possible to be used with standard centered view finder cameras, But not as comfortable as with the XL.

Can the dvrig pro go directly from the shoulder mount to tripod mount, such as shooting pre ceremony then directly to the tripod for the ceremony back to handheld for the receiving line?

>>> Yes, If you order the "Light stand and Tripod adaptors".

Danny Natovich
DvTec

Joseph Ivey August 23rd, 2005 09:09 PM

Is there a way to add an extra handle to the DV Rig Xl like in the DV Rig Pro. I don't think that it will matter that much but I was curious if it was possible.

Danny Natovich August 24th, 2005 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Ivey
Is there a way to add an extra handle to the DV Rig Xl like in the DV Rig Pro. I don't think that it will matter that much but I was curious if it was possible.

It is possible but to my opinion not really necessary. Tell me why do you need
it ?

Danny Natovich
DvTec

Joseph Ivey August 24th, 2005 08:24 AM

it just seems that the rig would be more stable if it had two handles on it. That way I can attach a zoom and focus control onto one handle and not worry about losing balance.