DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Our new film "At Confession" - please take a look. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/12332-our-new-film-confession-please-take-look.html)

Mitchell Stookey January 30th, 2005 05:48 AM

Motives (spoiler)

Obviously the main character is not a normal human being, and suffers from mental problems. However, what person would go to confession to be clensed of their sin(s) only to commit murder immediately after to the person who forgave you? This is more a question for the original author but I would still like to hear the filmmakers and other peoples insights. To me it makes no sense whatsoever. If that person is going to confession in the first place, he has a guilty conscience - he needs forgiveness. Killing the priest would erase that entirely and I think a little contradictory. Just my two cents. Well made though, some very nice shots.

Mathieu Ghekiere January 30th, 2005 06:18 AM

I think his primary reason was to kill the priest...
But I don't know offcourse, it's my personal opinion, maybe the filmmakers say I'm wrong.

Cliff Hepburn February 11th, 2005 03:41 PM

Re: Motives (spoiler)

<<<-- Originally posted by Mitchell Stookey : Obviously the main character is not a normal human being, and suffers from mental problems. However, what person would go to confession to be clensed of their sin(s) only to commit murder immediately after to the person who forgave you? This is more a question for the original author but I would still like to hear the filmmakers and other peoples insights. To me it makes no sense whatsoever. If that person is going to confession in the first place, he has a guilty conscience - he needs forgiveness. Killing the priest would erase that entirely and I think a little contradictory. Just my two cents. Well made though, some very nice shots. -->>>

I think the priest was doing his wife.
If I were him though I wouldn't have left any fingerprints behind though.

Mitchell Stookey February 12th, 2005 04:21 AM

Never thought of that

That would explain alot, and if that is so I like that quite a bit. For me though it still wasn't apparent WHY he would. If his wife did have an affair with the priest I never noticed any hints toward that being the case

Mathieu Ghekiere February 12th, 2005 08:45 AM

Well, the main character says he wants to kill the person who slept with his wife.
And before he kills the priest, the priest clearly realises he's gonna die, realises his mistake, and says he's forgiven, because he knows - in a way - it's his own fault.

Mitchell Stookey February 12th, 2005 09:05 AM

Aaahhhhh.......

Man I am dense! That is awesome, and I wish I would have picked up on it the first time. I am going to rewatch it now. Thanks guys!

Mathieu Ghekiere February 12th, 2005 11:37 AM

Héhé, don't worry about it ;-)

Have fun watching it :-)