DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Our very first music video - take a look! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/496798-our-very-first-music-video-take-look.html)

John De Rienzo June 5th, 2011 09:27 AM

Our very first music video - take a look!

We took this on ahead of our busy wedding season. It is my first real attempt at making a music video. Directed filmed and edited by one crew (myself!)

A little more info about the sequence:

'BLITZ' was overseen and produced by none other than the very talented and world famous Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Aerosmith, Dream Theatre etc) cavemanproductions.com/​discography.htm

The music video & record is a concept based on the theme of “paradise lost” and depicts the world’s fall from grace.

Classic Rock magazine described the work as “a sprawling cinematic epic!” and they were right. It plays like a Hard Rock, Star Chasing Spaghetti Western!

Be great to know your thoughts,

Cheers.
John De Rienzo

Cameron Poole June 14th, 2011 04:51 PM

Re: Our very first music video - take a look!

I thought it was really good, was it edited in FCP?

Music is not my style but the video was good enough to make me appreciate it all the same, fast paced and each shot kept the interest. Good use of colour correction.

Nice one!

Sareesh Sudhakaran June 14th, 2011 09:57 PM

Great work John...talented musicians and an equally talented filmmaker! All the best!

Ben Bruges June 15th, 2011 02:44 AM

Good to see a music video where all elements - band performance and acting - work together as a coherent whole.

I'd be interested to know where's the 'extended pill-box' location is? Great locations in general.

Minor point - didn't like the 'explosion'.

Awesome.

John De Rienzo October 15th, 2011 01:29 PM

Hi, and thanks for your positive comments, really appreciated.

I know I posted this a while back, but just wanted to update you all that it has been nominated for 'Best Music Video Award' here in England.

The awards night will be held in the sky creations lounge at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on the evening of the 19th October, this coming wednesday!:)

It is part of Pro Video 2011 held by the IOV (Institute Of Videography) and sponsored by Vinten and Towergate Camerasure with additional support from Sony.

Please wish us luck, extremely nervous this end!

Cheers.
John De Rienzo
De Rienzo Films

Cristian Derois October 17th, 2011 12:10 PM

Man, You rocked! (more than the band itself hehe)

Very tense cut and angles. Now we've got to wait a feature film! Ok?

Cris

John De Rienzo October 25th, 2011 10:56 AM

Thank you for your comments Cristian....Feature Film!....sounds like a great idea:)