DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Australia in 4K- downloadable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/529109-australia-4k-downloadable.html)

Chris Tangey July 16th, 2015 09:01 AM

Australia in 4K- downloadable

Hope you enjoy this, I've made it downloadable for people who have little 4K content available in their country and who want to try out their new TV. Once you have the file, transfer it to a USB3 stick, plug it in and play in 4K.

If you don't have 4K you can still download or view in 1080P.

NOTE: This is of course © 2015 Chris Tangey. So while I am allowing download for the specific individual use outlined above from this URL, it in no way infers any other direct sharing or commercial rights in any of the material, in any way. Hope you like it!

Chuck Spaulding July 18th, 2015 12:28 AM

Re: Australia in 4K- downloadable

I'm from Geelong, living in California for the past 30 years and this footage sure made me homesick.

Beautiful work. What camera?

Chris Tangey July 21st, 2015 07:54 AM

Chuck, it's a Sony A7S using the external Atomos Shogun recorder. Sorry it made you homesick, come and visit mate!

Giacomo Fabbrocino July 22nd, 2015 04:46 AM

Beautiful. Are you just panning on the tripd, or using some othere camera movement? (0:14: - 0:40)

Chris Tangey July 23rd, 2015 05:00 AM

Giacomo. many of the movements are from the Redrock micro "one man crew" slider. It was originally intended for interview (and it is fantastic for that) It is on a slight parabolic arc so can peel around objects by setting up a central point using the inbuilt lasers. Of course you can use it less precisely or turn it around the other way to reveal a view over cliffs for example. It is programmable so you can set it for up to an 8 hour "run". I believe there is a new version available even better than my earlier version.

I will have a music video for the Australian band GANGgajang available in about month where I use it extensively at Ayers rock/Uluru. It's finished but unreleased.

Bryce Comer July 30th, 2015 07:52 AM

Chris,
That's some bloody ripper footage mate! Made me a little homesick too! I live in BC Canada now, & only get back every few years so this was really lovely to watch!
Thanks for sharing.
Bryce

Chris Tangey July 30th, 2015 04:01 PM

Thanks Bryce, Maybe you can play "guess the location" as you go!

David H. Castillo July 31st, 2015 11:39 AM

Well done Chris!

Simon Denny July 31st, 2015 08:55 PM

Hey Chris, what ND filter are you using.
Cheers

Chris Tangey August 1st, 2015 01:59 AM

Thank you David, .......and Simon, much of this was shot on my Christmas holidays after I had just got the A7S and Shogun so didn't have time to get an ND. I don't like "glass on my glass" but recognize the need for NDs on the A7S. There are a few shots in here using my Genustech variable ND and I also have a Fotar ND 2X -400X as a back up. I don't use LUTS or picture profiles, this is all on factory standard settings with grading tweaks afterwards.

Simon Denny August 1st, 2015 12:13 PM

Thanks Chris,
Cheers

Suzanne Fallon August 27th, 2015 02:53 PM

Really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing!

Chris Tangey August 28th, 2015 05:27 PM

No probs Suzanne