DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   2016 Showreel (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/531822-2016-showreel.html)

Jody Arnott May 9th, 2016 11:42 PM

2016 Showreel

Hi all,

I've been working on a new showreel which incorporates some of the larger projects I have produced over the last year.

Any feedback would be great :)

Cheers
Jody

Noa Put May 10th, 2016 12:04 AM

Re: 2016 Showreel

Personally I would have made it a bit shorter, at the end you are showing those runners again which where shown at the beginning, I would just keep it grouped per category like the runners, the real estate, the drone footage but not use extra footage again in other parts from a category you allready showed before, that might shave another 30 seconds of from your video so you can be sure your viewer watches untill the end.

The text animation was great and the font used for that also but not in line with the font used to describe the categories, like "promo videos", that font didn't seem to fit with the kind of work you show, I would use the same font as in your text animation.

Also check your video around 02:20 at the bottom, there is some weird artifacting going on, a horizontal distorted line across the frame.

Footage however looked great, also liked the way you edited it and how you incorporated the animated text, it was clear and to the point but I feel it could be made a bit shorter.

Jody Arnott May 10th, 2016 12:18 AM

Thanks for the feedback Noa. The video is definitely longer than I would usually make a video like this, but I figure that even if people stop watching at the 60-90 second mark, they should get the point. I was also cutting to the music so I just kept going to the end of the track. But I might see if I can shorten it a bit anyway - I'm not great with audio editing so I didn't bother trying to cut the song up.

As for the graphics, that's a good point (I didn't notice before). I think I'll change some of the fonts around.

Cheers!

Noa Put May 10th, 2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

I was also cutting to the music so I just kept going to the end of the track.
aha, never let the length of a song dictate the length of your video :) When I edit wedding trailers I cut my music to fit the length of the film, I find it relatively easy to cut out a part in the music and recombine it again without hearing where I cut the piece out.
Did you also notice that distorted line at the bottom of your video?

Jody Arnott May 10th, 2016 12:51 AM

Hmm no I can't see the line. Do you mean the clip with the vehicle in it?

Noa Put May 10th, 2016 01:19 AM

Weird, now it's gone, probably a playback glitch on my side then.

Helen Habib June 2nd, 2016 10:45 AM

The text animation is excellent! Loved it.

Silas Barker June 3rd, 2016 04:14 PM

Love the drone work and text animation!!!

Jody Arnott June 5th, 2016 05:18 AM

Thanks for the comments :)