DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Land Of Beauty (Florida’s Wildlife) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/534485-land-beauty-florida-s-wildlife.html)

Rudy Wilms August 5th, 2017 10:12 AM

Land Of Beauty (Florida’s Wildlife)

Roger Van Duyn August 5th, 2017 02:22 PM

Re: Land Of Beauty (Florida’s Wildlife)

Good work!

I really liked the shots of the spoonbills and the sand hill cranes with their young.

Steven Reid August 5th, 2017 11:38 PM

Outstanding. You must have the patience of Job to have captured that wildlife. Thanks for sharing with us.

Rudy Wilms August 7th, 2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Van Duyn (Post 1935059)
Good work!

I really liked the shots of the spoonbills and the sand hill cranes with their young.

Thank you we were very lucky to get close to the spoonbills as well as the Sandhill cranes very fascinating animals

Rudy Wilms August 7th, 2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Reid (Post 1935075)
Outstanding. You must have the patience of Job to have captured that wildlife. Thanks for sharing with us.

Patience indeed and some luck too thank you for watching

Alan Melville August 8th, 2017 04:34 AM

Hi Rudy, very well shot, I really enjoyed it. Had a bird not entered the frame on the first aerial sequence, I wouldn't have realized the vastness of the wetlands.

I imagine this was condensed from countless hours of work.

Were you shooting in 4K with the GoPro?

What colour correction did you use for the GoPro, if any, and were there any issues with cutting it in to the Sony workflow?

I'm amazed at the height of the stance of the Alligators when walking, our croc's here practically drag themselves around......unless they're chasing something for a meal......

Once again, I really enjoyed it.

Cheers.
Al.

Rudy Wilms August 10th, 2017 05:48 AM

Yes it was shot all in 4K I shoot flat with the GoPro and then apply a LUT rec709 and fine tune color correction in Adobe speedgrade no issues blending it with the other footage. I was surprised myself to see how well the alligators were walking very impressive.Thank you Alan for watching and your comments

Tim Lewis September 7th, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Rudy

I loved your view of Florida. So much wildlife, even crabs! The alligators were excellent, especially the young ones.

Rudy Wilms October 14th, 2017 06:18 PM

Thank You Tim the baby alligators were one of my favorites to film very interesting to see the difference between the siblings some where two times as tall/long as the other ones. Florida has so much wildlife that I am making another one thanks for watching