shooting in HDR on a Mavic 2 Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 4th, 2020, 04:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

shooting in HDR on a Mavic 2 Pro

A lot of people are hesitant to try the HLG (an HDR format) on the Mavic 2, while it's impossible to show in HDR here I've preserved the 10bit color by encoding the edit in H265. See what you think.

Chris Tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 02:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: shooting in HDR on a Mavic 2 Pro

Hi Chris

I loved the footage (but parts of the music sounded a little too like the whine of the drone!) The colours were great. The Territory always looks great too. Watching this, I realised that I have not been in the North since 2010, too long!

You have some great shots in there, but I don't think all of them were around the Alice. Looks like you got somewhere near Kakadu as well. The colours especially in the water were really rich and lustrous.
Old February 14th, 2020, 05:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: shooting in HDR on a Mavic 2 Pro

Thanks Tim, In fact none of them were from around the Alice which is why the film is called "Australia's Northern Territory-theTop End"! :-) By definition that means purely the top end of the Territory, although a lot of Southerners have now distorted the meaning of the Top End to include the centre of Australia and bits of Qld and WA. We can thank the American Survivor shows for extending the meaning of "Outback" way beyond its arid boundaries too!

While some of the shots might look like Kakadu, those in fact are from around Katherine. By the way if you are interested in shots around Alice you will find some on this page which are all from the M2P in HLG. Thanks again for your comments. https://vimeo.com/showcase/6761301
Chris Tangey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work