Aerial 4K (Drone) Footage - Spring in The Netherlands at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 5th, 2021, 09:45 AM   #1
Major Player

Aerial 4K (Drone) Footage - Spring in The Netherlands

After years of using different kind of camera stabilizers I decided to make good use of my time in lock down and got myself a drone and certificate / license for flying in the EU. For the type of drone I got (DJI mini 2) I actually didn't need one, but I like to be able to upgrade in the future.

I had my first two days of filming with the drone, the latest being from last Thursday. I decided to create a short video of the colorful flower fields here in the Netherlands. 'The Awakening Of Spring" (By lack of a better title ;-)). Hope you will enjoy!

Derran Rootring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2021, 09:31 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Aerial 4K (Drone) Footage - Spring in The Netherlands

Hi Derran,

Been a long time. Pretty good going for two days flight hours filming. Going to be very impressive after a couple more months.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2021, 03:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Chris!

Nice to see you still hanging around on the boards! Hope you are doing well.

Thanks, I can't wait to get out and do some more droning. Did not expect to enjoy it as much as I do, but I'm glad to have invested some time in getting my license during lockdown (so many rules for flying in the EU... although I get why they are necessary).
Derran Rootring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2021, 03:09 PM   #4
Inner Circle

As soon as I saw the name, subject, quality and locale it immediately brought to mind a project that I first posited back in the 1980's, but could never figure out how to pull off with the technology then available without a budget of $zillions, which was, and still is alas, unavailable.

With a couple of drones and a modest mountain (think Matterhorn) of red tape it would be RELATIVELY simple and ditto cheap.

Clue: Shot, controlled and flown ALMOST entirely over water but usually never more than 20 meters from dry land, the possibilities are almost endless. It might even make some decent money if played correctly.

Of course, I doubt I'm the first to think of this idea so there could be a bit of a queue.

Sound interesting?

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 11:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Very nice! Those flower fields are huge, great subject for drone footage.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work