DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Show Your Work 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/54679-show-your-work-2006-a.html)

Van Zijl Loots November 27th, 2006 06:31 AM

'The Same Old Line' A Short Film set in a Doll Factory

I liked it. Not everyone´s cup of pee, I mean tea. But well shot, well acted, and well executed...

Regards
Van Zijl

Jeremy Hughes November 27th, 2006 12:25 PM

Redhead movie premiere

Hey Everyone,

We've finished up our feature we've been working on for quite a while and are showing it this Saturday, Dec 2nd at Studio 35 at 4pm (for anyone in the Columbus, OH area)

We have a cleaner cut of the trailer I need to repost but you can see it at www.redhead-movie.com

David Lach November 27th, 2006 08:42 PM

Well Scott it might be an idea, but I'll have to check the quality of my sound on the footage I would like to put in first. I must say I had not thought about that. Not sure if it would work or not, but I'm going to give it a try later this week. It would certainly change the structure of the reel, but it might add something that is not currently there. Might also take away from it. We'll see.

As for the hotmail account, it is widely used here in Canada, for both professional and personal use, don't think it would bother anybody really, especially that I'm sending this as a person, not a company (I do have a company mail account).

Elliott Mckee November 28th, 2006 04:36 AM

A higher resolution version of the film

Hi.

A higher resolution version of this film (Quicktime, 22.4mb) can be found and downloaded here: http://www.reifsneider.com/The%20Sam...ine%20High.mov

Andy Peterson November 28th, 2006 09:34 AM

Survivorman News!

Hey guys!

Just wanted to get the word out.

For you Canadians, tonight at 8pm on OLN is the documentary "Stroud: Off the Grid" that I worked on as a cameraman and editor.

We followed Les Stroud (Survivorman) and his family as they became dedicated to self-sufficiency, moving to an old farm building, far from the nearest water source or hydro line.

Also, Season 2 of Survivorman is in full force! Les is off shooting the first episode right now and will be back soon so the editing will begin!

Les will also be posting a live blog from his Sat-Phone in the field, really cool.

http://www.lesstroudonline.com/blog/

Season 1 of Survivorman DVDs are available for sale now through the www.survivorman.ca website!

That's all for now.

Cheers!

-Andy Peterson
Survivorman II Productions

G. Scott Roberts November 28th, 2006 07:09 PM

That's wonderful news! There are so many other "Survivorman" type shows showing up on the Discovery Channels that I was wondered if Les was done... I love that show as well as everyone I know! Thanks!

SiuChung Leung November 29th, 2006 12:02 AM

Short documentary

here is a short documentary i did last year for my school project.

I am quite happy with the audio, but the camera movement and some of the lighting is bad.

Please give me some opinion~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-t4QcVhJU

Nick Bateman November 29th, 2006 06:25 AM

anti-rocker.com

hey shane, what an interesting place to find yourself, i have been trying to track you down regarding, firstly the information previously provided on anti-rocker.com which was incredibly useful for my current thesis on the relations of rollerblading to urban theory, subcultural evolution and performance theory! purely for a qoutable, selective history of the technology it was a prefect reference, i stupidly did not copy all information from the page and now it has been taken down, i wonder if by any chance you could fwd me the contents of said page.

and secondly, i have been talking with jess dyrenforth in order to further clarify the early days in which i wasn't involved and i would be grateful if i could ask you some further questions (perhaps via email) about your involvement in the rolling scene as a whole.

i think it is important that i complete this dissertation to the most competant and professional level as (to my knowledge) it is the first concise study of the entire lifestyle's positioning with regard to current social, cultural and political situations.

please let me know asap, clowse

Shane Coburn November 29th, 2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Bateman
hey shane, what an interesting place to find yourself, i have been trying to track you down regarding, firstly the information previously provided on anti-rocker.com which was incredibly useful for my current thesis on the relations of rollerblading to urban theory, subcultural evolution and performance theory! purely for a qoutable, selective history of the technology it was a prefect reference, i stupidly did not copy all information from the page and now it has been taken down, i wonder if by any chance you could fwd me the contents of said page.

and secondly, i have been talking with jess dyrenforth in order to further clarify the early days in which i wasn't involved and i would be grateful if i could ask you some further questions (perhaps via email) about your involvement in the rolling scene as a whole.

i think it is important that i complete this dissertation to the most competant and professional level as (to my knowledge) it is the first concise study of the entire lifestyle's positioning with regard to current social, cultural and political situations.

please let me know asap, clowse

I will have to find the info you're talking about as it is on a back-up disk somewhere. I will try my best to answer any questions you might have. Drop me a PM and I will get you my email address so that we don't clog the board with that stuff.

Brandon Rice November 30th, 2006 02:42 PM

New film "Smuggler's Ransom"

We shot Smuggler's Ransom on one Panasonic DVX-100 (stock lens) this summer, over the course of 4 days. The final film has a runtime of 45 minutes and stars Anthony Tyler Quinn (might remember him from one of his many TV roles... or his recurring role on Boy Meets World as Mr. Turner)

We have several "Director's Diaries" as well as a bunch of Behind the Scenes photos on our website, as well as the teaser trailer.

We are looking at an early 2007 release date.

www.smugglersransom.com

Brandon Rice November 30th, 2006 03:10 PM

Short Film: "A Price Too High"

This is a short film I shot in the winter of 2005. We used the Panasonic DVX-100 (stock lens) and edited on Avid Xpress Pro HD. Enjoy.

www.noaricedigital.com/apth/apth_web.mov

Gints Klimanis November 30th, 2006 04:06 PM

Nice short movie. I liked the music during the first hospital healing scene and the drones during her first bout of illin' . Your assassin put in an intense performance. I cracked up during the assination scene when the two ducks were waddling over for handouts. Good job.

Colin Sato December 1st, 2006 03:20 AM

I liked it. Somewhere between the victims brother and the exploding subject, it slowed down a bit but it was fun.

Brandon Rice December 1st, 2006 12:17 PM

Comments??

G. Scott Roberts December 1st, 2006 05:37 PM

Very entertaining, good video and audio... liked the graphics, well done.