DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   My HD Demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/77795-my-hd-demo.html)

Daniel Boswell October 27th, 2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
Speaking of wide-angle lenses, which one was used for those shots?

This one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=361305

Daniel Boswell October 27th, 2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G. Scott Roberts
Excellent shots! Still just a nubie, but that it one of the highest quality takes I have seen. Would have thought you would have taken many takes to get the video you did, great job!

Thanks a lot G. Scott. Appreciate it!

Dana Acciavatti October 27th, 2006 10:44 PM

Very professional and impressive looking reel. Excellent cinematic quality to your work. I love the angles of your shots, and your masterful use of different lenses. Two questions: What lenses do you generally use? How many cameras do you use on a wedding shoot?

Michael Y Wong October 28th, 2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana Acciavatti
Very professional and impressive looking reel. Excellent cinematic quality to your work. I love the angles of your shots, and your masterful use of different lenses. Two questions: What lenses do you generally use? How many cameras do you use on a wedding shoot?

From teh footage it looks likea mild .3X fish eye + MAYBe a standard wide adapter. My guess is that 2 HDV cameras are used.

I was considering getting a .3X FE myself for my HC1 for weddings and after watching Daniel's footage I finally decided to take the plunge. He is one of the few people that IMO use it well.

LOL: just read thru the entire post and it seems .3x FE & 2 FX1's is indeed what he uses.

Excellent usage of different angles, moving cameras, and just having 'the eye' and being able to recognize and deliver clips with an epic feel to them. Far beyond the standard of what I am used to seeing in wedding videography.

Rafael Lopes October 28th, 2006 03:05 AM

Very nice, Dan. What did you do on post to obtain this awesome look?

Michael Y Wong October 31st, 2006 03:34 PM

Btw Daniel (or anyone else who would know) what is the name of that burn to white transition? It is very classy and when used well in this demo it lead to a very 'epic' moment IMO.

I notice alot of FCP users are in love with that transition, but I can't seem to find it in PremierPro 2.0. Would any one know which software application has that transition?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Boswell October 31st, 2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes
Very nice, Dan. What did you do on post to obtain this awesome look?

Just basic Color Correction. Boost the saturation and crush the blacks a bit.

Daniel Boswell October 31st, 2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana Acciavatti

Like I said elsewhere just a FE lens and 3 cameras were used.

Thanks Dana!

Daniel Boswell October 31st, 2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong
Btw Daniel (or anyone else who would know) what is the name of that burn to white transition? It is very classy and when used well in this demo it lead to a very 'epic' moment IMO.

I notice alot of FCP users are in love with that transition, but I can't seem to find it in PremierPro 2.0. Would any one know which software application has that transition?

Thanks in advance.

Its from Nattress Film Effects package but I have seen similar things done with PC platform just not sure which one.

Mekhael Trepanier November 1st, 2006 10:02 PM

dumb question ??

this may be a stupid question

but i have a regular LCD monitor and just good old computer you mention you have to convert alof of footage back to SD.

is what i just watched there a true representation of HD quality or is what im seeing just SD quality shot with an HD camera

sorry if this is confussing

on a seperate note amazing work love your camera work and the way the whole thing is put together..

thank you

MEKHAEL

Michael Y Wong November 1st, 2006 11:41 PM

^ SD downconverted from HDV. However from teh high PQ I would bet that Daniel used solid programs/workflow to do the HDV->SD software downconvert, as opposed to outputting in SD from the camera itself.

Daniel Boswell November 2nd, 2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mekhael Trepanier
this may be a stupid question

but i have a regular LCD monitor and just good old computer you mention you have to convert alof of footage back to SD.

is what i just watched there a true representation of HD quality or is what im seeing just SD quality shot with an HD camera

sorry if this is confussing

on a seperate note amazing work love your camera work and the way the whole thing is put together..

thank you

MEKHAEL

Good question Mekhael.

It was all shot in HDV and edited in HDV (actually Apple's AIC) and then resized and encoded for the web within Flash encoder so it was never really downconverted to SD until encoded for the web.

Jason Michael Holly November 13th, 2006 01:09 PM

Transition Effect

Great work! Looks fantastic!

Daniel Boswell November 26th, 2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Michael Holly
Great work! Looks fantastic!

Thanks alot Jason.

Adam Beck February 24th, 2007 02:28 AM

Very, Very Good.

Nice use of the music. This is a great example why to invest in HD now, it does make the SD look a lot better.

Keep up the Good Work.