Bag/Backpack recommendation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old October 5th, 2019, 10:04 PM   #1
Tourist

Bag/Backpack recommendation

Hello All,

First post.

Just picked up NX80 and Doug J's video how-to guide. I am using camera to capture soccer games, no other uses currently planned but who knows.

I am in need of a bag to carry the camera and equipment to the fields. I am basically carrying the camera, shotgun mic with dead cat and foam, batteries, SD cards, charger, manual, notebook, eyeglasses and sometimes ipad. Amazon Basics had a nice sized camera backpack that I bought for ~$30. I like most things about it except for the zippers, small item pockets and a slightly force fit for the cameras mic shock mount.

Any recommendations on a good bag, preferably <$100, for my needs? Most everything seems geared toward DSLR and quick access. I think I need panel loading style unless someone has other suggestions. I don't want to have to break down the camera handle. I would like it to comfortably fit the mic/deadcat combo plus spare foam. It would be nice if it had well thought options for storage of small items, not just some large pockets with netting or zippers. Built-in bag rainjacket would be nice to have too.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Chris Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2019, 05:43 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Bag/Backpack recommendation

I'm also interested in a new backpack. With a solution also for the tripod.
Old October 6th, 2019, 05:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Bag/Backpack recommendation

Nothing fancy, this is the bag I usually take for my Z90 (same form factor as your NX80). Rugged. Top opens wide to expose entire interior. Camera with XLR handle and shotgun mic fit without having to disassemble. iPad Air 2 fits fine. Not a backpack. No rainjacket, but seems pretty resistant to water although I have never had to test that in the field. Exterior straps/flap for a smallish tripod.

https://amzn.to/2nlwdHL
Bill Ackerman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds