Hello (again) from NewBlue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 21st, 2019, 02:31 PM   #1
New Boot

Hello (again) from NewBlue

Hello, my name is Marcus Johnson and I work for NewBlue. I originally worked with NewBlue back in 2010 - 2013 and I'm happy to have recently rejoined the team.

A couple of weeks ago I posted in the "NewBlueFX" subforum but as it had been dormant for awhile I wasn't sure how many people saw that, so I wanted to post here as well.

I spent over a decade shooting and editing before I moved to the software side of the business so I've got a good handle on what I'm talking about.

If anyone has any questions about our products, needs technical support, or even just has suggestions, please let me know!

And if anyone is currently using our products I'd love to hear it!
Marcus Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 03:27 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Hello (again) from NewBlue

I did see that other post.

Do you still support the recalcitrant of us who refuse to move past Premiere CS6? Even if it means retaining an older version of a plugin for sale for those customers.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 01:05 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi Andrew,

I am very sorry, but as it's now 7 years old and Adobe themselves no longer support it we do not offer support for Premiere CS6. We don't want to sell any products that we don't support so unfortunately we do not have any of our products from that time available still.
Marcus Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2019, 06:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for sharing.
I have a lot of New Blue software and after using Adobe since the late 1990s have stopped at CS6, refusing to do their rental plan.
I love New Blue software and contributed to surveys years ago which resulted in some ideas coming to fruition. Thankfully when I saw the end of the road I bought the rest of the plugins that would work with CS6 before it was too late. I still use them and CS6.

I too would buy the later New Blue software if it would work with CS6, or if Adobe would again offer a perpetual license version. I strongly dislike the rental strategy that many are doing now.
David Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2021, 11:54 PM   #5
Major Player

My company has a couple licenses of NewBlueFX Complete and the only thing it NEEDS right now is stability. We use it on multiple systems that are only used for video editing and it's horribly unreliable. Fonts disappear (and I'm talking official fonts from proper foundries), the plug-in crashes Resolve constantly (other than using NBFX, Resolve crashes are extremely rare on our systems). Sometimes we render a title only to have the final output show up as not rendered.

In short, it's buggy. Very, very buggy.

We've been using it for several years and I've never considered it to ever reach stability worthy of a released product. If we could find something that gave us a similar feature-set, but was actually stable, we would change immediately. Every time there's a new version we cross our fingers, upgrade and hope its more stable. Every time we've been proven wrong. At some point we'll stop this cycle.

Overall, i like the design and usability of the software but it needs to get stable.
Old October 19th, 2021, 05:44 AM   #6
Inner Circle

The current Lightworks beta (V2022.1), currently being tested, now supports NewBlue.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2021, 06:44 AM   #7
Inner Circle

I always said I'd never do subscription, but I'm really glad I did - mainly because CS6 was just feeble for some things. I loved it, but the world has moved on, and I'm now pretty fluent in Photoshop, moderately OK with AE and often use Audition, even though I have other audio editors. I can move between computers seamlessly, and the years subscription I think, is OK. I've spent way, way more on the latest software from Steinberg, Kontakt and spitfire audio in the past two years. I've just decided that I like the fact I can constantly run the latest versions and use the latest features. I hates the removal of the legacy titler, hanging on till they said you really need to use the new one - and now I do, and it's better - just different. I'm also on probably computer No.3 since CS6, and you can bet your life that won't run on Windows 11 when it comes, so by clinging to it, you are just setting yourself up for disaster at probably the point when it matters. The graphics cards CS6 supports are elderly now - what happens when your card dies? I do understand the reluctance to move to the rental, but really, you never owned the software anyway, you just had control of when you spent a lot of money, rather than seeing it go out each month.

Nobody will support anything unique that it needs - drivers, plugins, even file formats - one day you will need to load a video file and it won't work.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2021, 10:54 PM   #8
Equal Opportunity Offender

Quote:
The graphics cards CS6 supports are elderly now - what happens when your card dies?
Just edit the list of 'supported' cards. It was mainly to lock out cards that weren't up to the task of the GPU work back in the days of CS6. All cards these days won't have an issue.

How to edit the graphics card compatibility file (located within the the installed CS6 file set) should be googleable.

Andrew
(still using CS6)
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood