Stolen letus extreme at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 4th, 2019, 11:06 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Stolen letus extreme

A few months back my house got cleaned out by some thieves. One of the items which went west was my Letus Extreme kit, which I had tweaked and modified to achieve 2K performance. Sadly the thugs probably only took it for the equipment case.

In the remote chance it turns up a a flea market anywhere it is a one-off, identifiable by two added small grub screws set in the casework which enabled fine tuning of the optical path. For protection these were covered with black gaffer tape patches.

I am really vexed because it had been a generous gift from the Le brothers who had noted some of my comments and suggestions when early alternative 35mm adaptors were still being developed. So there is some sentimental attachment at play as well.

I still think it was something of a coup that some alternative adaptors actually outperformed the P+S Technik original Mini35-400 they were emulating.

Now of course they are feather dusters along with the advanced 2/3" cams of the times.

Last edited by Bob Hart; May 4th, 2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods