Manfrotto 394 Loose at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications

Old March 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Major Player

Manfrotto 394 Loose

Hi,

I have the Manfrotto 394 RC4 Low Profile Rectangular Rapid Connect Adapter With 410pl Plate. What is annoying the hell out of me is the bottom which attaches onto my 501pl. Because there is only 1 bolt to attach the two it keeps getting loose no matter how tight I tighten it.

There are see two small holes on either side of the plate (pictures attached) and was wondering if anybody knew if I could use them to help me secure the plate even further.
Attached Thumbnails
Manfrotto 394 Loose-manfrotto.jpg   Manfrotto 394 Loose-screen-shot-2012-03-21-15.47.20.png  

Manfrotto 394 Loose-screen-shot-2012-03-21-15.47.29.png  
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Manfrotto 394 Loose

How about Locktite on the threads, that should hold it tight. The other holes don't look threaded.
Richard Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 06:58 PM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Peter View Post
Hi,

I have the Manfrotto 394… it keeps getting loose… There are two small holes on either side of the plate… if I could use them to help me secure the plate even further.
These holes are ready to be tapped with a standard 1/4"x20tpi tap.

I use this QR system on just about everything I own, and the first thing I do when I get a new base plate is to thread those holes! I bought a box of 1/4"x20x1/4" long "grub screws" (set screws), and with two of those, you can bind this plate very tightly to any tripod mounting surface, so it won't rotate or work itself loose. I also add a dab of blue LocTite™ to the grub screws, so they won't work themselves out with vibration.

(Yes, I know this thread is years old, but if someone finds it in a search, at least they'll have the answer.)
Jan Steinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2023, 06:37 AM   #4
Tourist

Yup, even years later still this helped. Thanks.
Will Hopkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications