Redwoods at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 15th, 2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Redwoods

Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2019, 07:06 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Redwoods

Rudy,
I am a huge a fan of your work. It inspires me in many ways. First, I have been an outdoorsman all my life. I have been to many of the places in your videos. I go into the the wilderness every chance I get to escape my hectic life as a commercial videographer. All to often I pack 50 pounds of gear and never pull a camera out of a bag. I am trying to rekindle my passion for shooting because I that is how I started in business a long time ago. Watching your work inspires me to shoot because I like to do it.

Also, I want to compliment you on your grading. I love your natural look. I just watched Wild West and Rocky Mountain Park again. Your colors are the way it is. We don't live in a world where everything looks to our eyes like nature abused a saturation slider on everything we see! Beautiful work as always.

Kind regards,

Steve
Old October 20th, 2019, 09:31 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you for the nice comment it is always nice to read my work inspires to go out and shoot, I agree sometimes just being outdoors is just what you need to revive the passion even if that day you only make a couple of shots or none. As for grading overall i like to keep saturation natural and am not big fan of oversaturated hdr looks so thank you for noticing. Thanks Rudy
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 03:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Rudy

I haven't been on the forum in a while, but was delighted to find new content from you. I really like your work and look forward to new offerings. I have only spent a couple of days on the west coast of the US (Seattle), so I am not too familiar with the area. How close are the redwoods to the ocean? Is it a natural connection for your content? Don't get me wrong, I loved all the shots around the beaches and your tying in of the foley to the slo-mo footage was brilliant, with great levels between the music and SFX too. I just don't know how close together these areas are.

I loved that you outputted the film in 2.35:1, gave it a more cinematic and epic feel. There were one or two jarring cuts around the 2:35 mark, that I found distracting from the flow of the film, but this was a minor issue. The creek shots were some of my favourites, as well as the waves with the off-shore breeze. Another fine piece of work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work