3D with Z-Cam E2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 27th, 2020, 01:21 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: 3D with Z-Cam E2

Ari Presler of Silicon Imaging was doing some interesting stuff with a 3D monitoring system on a single screen. I do not know how far it was progressed.

There was a display overlay which gave graphic information on convergence and roll alignments in a form similar to weather maps with small moving arrows indicating misalignmnetns and direction for correction.

My memory of this is very vague.I don't remember if it was adoption of a Fraunhofer technology or software devised in house.

I think it may have been intended to be included in the DVR3/SI3D licenced firmware update for the SI2K system.

If you are mounting your cameras to a walker, you might need to extend the walker handles and rear upright rearwards for your own support. With extra top weight, the walker will want to fall forward going downhill.

My personal preference for mounting the two-camera assembly to the lengthened walker would be to have an aluminium flatbar crossbar made, attached about halfway between front and rear of the walker frame sidearms and use a Manfrotto geared head fastened down to the crossbar and attach your assembled camera pair to it.

The geared head has a quick-release plate on top. It is circular so the camera can be quickly removed or panned and resecured. The Manfotto head also has three axes of movement, pan, tilt and dutch. The dutch motion is by a long rotating handle, not knobs with crankshandles.

If you want more rapid and dynamic follows, Old tripod heads like black Millers have plate bases which mount to a flat bar with a single bolt. This will not allow for levelling the head. You could have a small high-hat bowl attached instead and then have leveling adjustment available.

This would require two crossbars and it will all begin to become heavy and take up the space where you would normally walks inside of the frame.

The Manfrotto geared head uses worm and pinion and small knobs with crankhandles to adjust. It is not made for dynamic follows with a camera but you can achieve slow pans and tilts over landscapes with it.

Good luck with your endeavours.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2020, 09:46 AM   #17
Trustee

Re: 3D with Z-Cam E2

Thanks, great information.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery