Legacy Titler Going Away?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 7th, 2021, 03:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Legacy Titler Going Away??

I mean, I'm sure the new Essential Graphics is better once one gets thru the learning curve, seems similar to After Effects pre-built library of motion text, but what's up with it? All I want is a basic text, change the font & size.

Guess I'll read thru their forum and some youtube videos, just seems an odd change for basic text. Didn't see a simple template but maybe cause I'm new to it. When did this occur last year? Is it pretty easy?
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2021, 12:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Legacy Titler Going Away??

I find it so quick to use the old one, but I’m trying to not use it because one day, it will be missing when an update happens. The new one can do what I want but I simply don’t like the way it works.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2021, 08:14 AM   #3
Vortex Media

My feelings, exactly.
My dream is to have something with the power, speed, and flexibility of Keynote embedded into Premiere.
Old July 12th, 2021, 02:05 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks everyone. Yeah Paul, I'm the same way. I have trouble learning things like that when I don't need to, it's only when I am on a project can I actually dive into it, but then deadlines kick in. Guess I'll have to dabble in it for a while.

I too foresee a day coming where the 'legacy' is no more, would hate to be stuck.
Old July 12th, 2021, 05:07 PM   #5
Vortex Media

There's no doubt about it going away. Every time I try to create a new legacy graphic a warning pops up to say it is going away soon.
Old July 13th, 2021, 09:59 AM   #6
Major Player

Yeah, I haven't edited a whole lot during covid so just started seeing the warning pop-ups recently I think. Anyway here's a good tutorial video I found, only about 20 minutes, it has a few lull's in the middle but overall not too bad.

Really, there's no there there. It's just different and not a whole lot to it or eureka! stuff going on, it kinda is what you expect. Either using the templates, or typing text from scratch (just differently than Legacy Title)

Old July 15th, 2021, 02:46 PM   #7
Major Player

You posted a tutorial on CC 2017
We are now on CC 2021 (15.2).
Might want to find a more recent one.
Old July 21st, 2021, 10:31 AM   #8
Major Player

Has it itself changed since then?

If one was looking for something about the Slip Edit tool or Ripple Delete, it wouldn't matter which version of Premiere it was.

Anyway, quick tip: In the Essential Graphics window there's a template for Basic Title, which is probably the best default one to start with. Things like lower thirds and top right corner bugs etc are ok to have as defaults, I find many of them too specific (Angled Title, Movie Credits)
Old December 14th, 2021, 02:25 PM   #9
Inner Circle

It is not exactly a wise move by Adobe. If people have to learn a new convoluted set of rules to make titles, they may move to Resolve and learn the title tools on that instead. For me it is academic. I have not embraced the subscription model and am sticking with CS6 for as long as the computer still lives.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2021, 02:31 PM   #10
Inner Circle

It's a few months now this topic started and I've not used the old legacy titler any longer and now use the new one instead. It works fine and just me not liking change - it's just a feature that works fine, but the new one can do more and operates more like the rest of the similar modules in Premiere. I don't actually 'like' it, but don't hate it. It will no doubt grow on me and some of the lower thirds it produces do save me time.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite