DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/)
-   -   Download sample footage from PXW-X70? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-4k-ultra-hd-handhelds/532180-download-sample-footage-pxw-x70.html)

Roger Averdahl July 2nd, 2016 06:46 AM

Download sample footage from PXW-X70?

Can anyone please record two or three short clips (2-3 seconds) on an empty memory card and upload it so i can download it. Just point the camera into the wall or up in the clouds. Preferably 1080p XAVC in MXF-files. When done, zip the content of the card *including* the root folder and all subfolders.

I have ordered the camera and has been informed that it will take a couple of weeks before i get it. I want the footage to test workflows in Sony Content Browser and in Sony Catalyst Browse. :)

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Atticus Lake July 3rd, 2016 12:01 AM

Re: Download sample footage from PXW-X70?

I did that a while back, for someone else:

(edit)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kk&usp=sharing

Right-click on "X70 Full Card Structure" and "Download".

Roger Averdahl July 3rd, 2016 02:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus Lake (Post 1917369)
I did that a while back, for someone else:

Right-click on "X70 Full Card Structure" and "Download".

Thank you very much Atticus! :)

The problem is that Sony Content Browser and Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 cannot read it. (See the attached image ContentBrowser.png)

The cards root folder is now "X70_Full_Card_Structure" and i wonder what the root folder is named when the card is taken out from the camera? For example, AVCHD cameras root folder are often named PRIVATE, Canon XF cameras root folder are named CONTENTS, etc. Without the correct root name on the root folder the card canīt be read by Sony Content Browser and Premiere Pro CC 2015.3.

Sony Catalyst Browser can read the files but give me an error when i try to combine the two clips into one continuous clip. (See the attached image CatalystError.png)

With the correct name on the root folder everything should work! :)

Atticus Lake July 3rd, 2016 03:50 AM

"X70 Full Card Structure" is the equivalent of "F:", or whatever your SD card is called when you put it in the computer. In other words it's the actual root of the SD card. Normally you would open "PRIVATE", which is inside there (just look and you'll see it).

As for how to open it, I think the various Sony utilities should workl; browse through this forum and you'll find where other people have been working this out. Personally I use ffmpeg to re-wrap the MXF files in MP4, but that's rather technical -- I wouldn't expect most people to do it that way.

Roger Averdahl July 3rd, 2016 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus Lake (Post 1917376)
"X70 Full Card Structure" is the equivalent of "F:", or whatever your SD card is called when you put it in the computer. In other words it's the actual root of the SD card. Normally you would open "PRIVATE", which is inside there (just look and you'll see it).

But "X70 Full Card Structure" is not the name camera gave it, right?

Question: If you put a card in the camera and format the card in camera, whatīs the name of the root folder?

If you rewrap the footage everything is ok, but if you donīt and rename the root folder the NLEīs fail to discover spanned clips and Sony software fails to read the cards and sharing media becomes harder. Thatīs why i need to know the name of the root folder the camera gives the card. :)

Donald McPherson July 3rd, 2016 10:40 AM

Import name "PRIVATE"

Atticus Lake July 3rd, 2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl (Post 1917377)
But "X70 Full Card Structure" is not the name camera gave it, right?

No, it isn't. That's the name I gave it. That's why I said that X70 Full Card Structure" is the equivalent of "F:", or whatever your SD card is called when you put it in the computer. In other words it's the actual root of the SD card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl (Post 1917377)
Question: If you put a card in the camera and format the card in camera, whatīs the name of the root folder?

The root folder of a card, or drive, or whatever, doesn't have a name. It's just "the root folder". If you insert the card into a Windows computer, it will be called "F:" or something. I don't know about Macs.

As I said before, normally you would open "PRIVATE", which is inside there.

Roger Averdahl July 5th, 2016 04:09 AM

I can import the footage without issues into Premiere Pro CC on Windows.

But, the folder structure in the sample i downloaded seems to have been altered since the latest version of Sony Content Browser nor the Media Browser in Premiere Pro donīt recognise the card.

No matter what, i am thankful for the footage! :)

Atticus Lake July 6th, 2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl (Post 1917455)
I can import the footage without issues into Premiere Pro CC on Windows.

OK cool!

Quote:

But, the folder structure in the sample i downloaded seems to have been altered since the latest version of Sony Content Browser nor the Media Browser in Premiere Pro donīt recognise the card.

I think it's really unlikely that the format has been altered. Dumb as they are, Sony (and all the others) just don't mess with this stuff, since the tiniest change can cause endless problems.

BUT I think Google have messed with it. I'm pretty sure that I uploaded those samples as a ZIP, and I'm pretty sure that you originally saw it that way in Drive. But in the last couple of years Google have made it their mission to screw everyone up in as many ways as possible. It looks like they have now un-wrapped the ZIP file. You can download it as a ZIP, but then you're trusting Google to re-ZIP it correctly, and I wouldn't trust them to switch a light on right now.

So, I've created a new sample, straight off my camera with firmware version 3. There are 4 (very short) clips in it -- 2 in UHD and 2 in HD. Each is 1 or 2 seconds long, to keep the download to a manageable size.

This is a ZIP file, and to prevent Google messing with it I have added the filename suffix ".data". To use these samples:

* Download and save "2016 Jul 6 Full Card.zip.data".
* RENAME it to "2016 Jul 6 Full Card.zip".
* Unzip it to "2016 Jul 6 Full Card".

The folder "2016 Jul 6 Full Card" should now be equivalent to the SD card itself -- on Windows, this would be "F:" (or similar) when you insert the card in your computer.

You can download the new sample from the same Drive folder:

Quote:

No matter what, i am thankful for the footage! :)

You're welcome -- hope this works better.

Roger Averdahl July 6th, 2016 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus Lake (Post 1917524)
This is a ZIP file, and to prevent Google messing with it I have added the filename suffix ".data".

Bingo, that did the trick! *hurray* :)

Now everything works as expected and your help is appreciated! :)

Atticus Lake July 6th, 2016 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl (Post 1917528)
Now everything works as expected

Fantastic, glad it worked!

Now I'm looking for a replacement for Google Drive (as well as Picasa, Google Reader, ....)