DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   F350 And Letus Extreme (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/108142-f350-letus-extreme.html)

Phil Bloom November 16th, 2007 04:30 PM

F350 And Letus Extreme

I didn't have much luck with other adaptors on this camera, but a few minutes ago I tried it out with the new Letus extreme and holy crap....It works REALLY well. Easily focuses on the ground glass with my 20x canon HD lens and because the extreme corrects the image no problems there either.

I will definitely shoot some stuff with it soon. Wish I had done this earlier, used my z1 today for a shoot with the extreme and was cursing it's image and low light if only...

Herve Chava November 17th, 2007 01:46 AM

hi , do you have any pictures of your setup f350 + letus extreme ?

Phil Bloom November 17th, 2007 01:49 AM

I will take some pictures today

Phil Bloom November 17th, 2007 02:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go!

Godfrey Kirby November 17th, 2007 02:50 AM

Phil -Isn't the front element of the Canon lens too big to fit the 'Extreme'? I had thought that some sort of 'transfer' lens with a 1/2" mount would have to be used, (a stills lens of some sort). I have a Fujinon XS 17x5.5 but must have the same diameter front element as yours. Love to see how you've rigged it up.....

Phil Bloom November 17th, 2007 02:56 AM

Hi Godfrey

My lens diameter is just 82mm so it fits just fine. I needed a huge amount of spacers to be able to focus in on my Brevis with it which made it incredibly long. It's still long now but with balanced tripod and good rods it is not a problem

Godfrey Kirby November 17th, 2007 03:10 AM

Dear Phil - I can see it wouldn't make a good interior car rig...... However for 96% of the time you wouldn't have a problem. I'm in London too and would love to see the animal in the flesh sometime, any chance?

Herve Chava November 17th, 2007 11:38 AM

thanks philip for the pictures ,
if you have time some footage will be apreciated :)

Phil Bloom November 18th, 2007 03:11 AM

i will test it out soon. hopefully today.

Phil Bloom November 18th, 2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfrey Kirby (Post 776953)
Dear Phil - I can see it wouldn't make a good interior car rig...... However for 96% of the time you wouldn't have a problem. I'm in London too and would love to see the animal in the flesh sometime, any chance?

Of course, anytime

Godfrey Kirby November 18th, 2007 08:42 AM

Phil - will ring the Somelikeitshot number on Mondayto chat.

Phil Bloom November 18th, 2007 09:27 AM

if you could call later in the week that would be great. Got a manic few days ahead of me

Steve Cahill December 1st, 2007 01:11 PM

Phil- did you ever get some footage samples from the XDCam and the Letus Extreme?

Peter Arnold December 3rd, 2007 02:27 AM

There is a B4 Adapter around the corner from Letus. That means you can use a 2/3" Camera and attach the adapter directly onto your camera. No need to go through the lens. No words yet of a 1/2" adapter but you could use the 2/3" converter for the F350.
It has been tested with an Panasonic HPX500 and the results were outstanding. Better edge to egde sharpness than with Fuji HD lenses.

Phil Bloom December 7th, 2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Cahill (Post 785502)
Phil- did you ever get some footage samples from the XDCam and the Letus Extreme?

Sorry never filmed any proper stuff with it! I should do really.