DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   u1 write back - its there (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/127018-u1-write-back-its-there.html)

Uli Mors July 30th, 2008 02:25 PM

u1 write back - its there

Hi - its there!

I just received a note from a sony sales rep that the PC-VERSION of the u1 update (write back to u1) is here!

Here is the new manual: www.media-in-work.de/u1/u1.zip

No - I dont have any further informations at the moment, but I already received a personal download link + the firmware will be downloadable in a few days from the official sony sites.

ULI

Paul Gale July 30th, 2008 03:24 PM

Hurrah!

Thanks Uli :) I'll chase Sony support to get it...

Mike Watson July 31st, 2008 10:58 AM

Well... does it work?

Paul Gale August 1st, 2008 01:07 AM

Sony prime support have no knowledge of it yet - are you sure you're not dreaming? ;)

Ivan Snoeckx August 5th, 2008 07:10 AM

This info comes from Clive on the XDCAM forum. He is working for Sony Pro Australia.

Quote:

PDW-U1 VFAM Driver V2.0 for Windows has now been released.

This enables write back on a PC Platform (XP/Vista).

Paul Gale August 5th, 2008 07:29 AM

I've now updated to v2 firmware - written XML data back to about 6 discs (disc titles etc) and it works well :) Not tried writing video files to it yet though.

Mike Watson August 5th, 2008 10:20 AM

I don't see the v2 firmware for the U1 on the Sony download site... am I missing something?

Bob Willis August 5th, 2008 11:58 AM

No, It is not on the US Sony site yet.

Jurgen Taghon August 5th, 2008 04:37 PM

Is there also a Mac update? (write now its just for windows platform)

Greg Boston August 6th, 2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen Taghon (Post 916939)
Is there also a Mac update? (write now its just for windows platform)

That won't be completed until late in the year. There's a bit more work to coding for the OSX drivers than for Windows. In essence, they pretty much have to write the thing from scratch whereas with Windows, they're able to hook into the OS code for CD-ROM drives to eliminate part of the process.

-gb-

Phil Bloom August 6th, 2008 12:46 PM

it is out any day now. I have it but have yet to try it as no windows on my mac yet.

looking to find a way to make it work with parallels of something.

Mac version later in the year

Eugene Kosarovich August 7th, 2008 03:59 PM

Yay! The U1 2.00 firmware is now on the U.S. Sony ServicesPLUS site. :)

Note that you need to set up an account to download it, unlike the camera's firmware, but it's quite painless setting up your account.

Gene Bauer August 8th, 2008 09:06 PM

I installed tooday and checked it by writing an ext cliplist and a cliplist back to it from PDZ1. Checks good. It puts the ext cliplist in the "general" folder and the cliplist in the "Edit" folder.

It is probably a good idea to upgrade to the latest version of PDZ-1(2.40) also. Here are the steps I took. Restart when prompted by Windows:

1: Uninstall PDWU1 ver.1 drivers
2. Uninstall PDZ1 and Prodisc
3. Download, unzip and install updated PDWU1 firmware(ver 2.0)
4. Download, unzip and install updated PDZ-1 and Prodisc (Ver 2.40)
5. You still have to update firmware, go to programs and you'll see a new Sony app PDWU1 utility. Open Utility app go to update firmware and click update. You'll have to power U1 on/off. Finished...you should be able to write back within the PDZ-1 program. I did no other testing.

Jurgen Taghon August 9th, 2008 11:09 AM

so, if i have my timeline in fcp how can y copy the movie to an xdcam disk, in the best possible quality?
and how can y get the ruches to be archived to an xdcam disk?
Once the ruches are on the disk can they be read by any other xdcam hd player/recorder?

thanks

Eugene Kosarovich August 11th, 2008 06:06 PM

The write capability is currently only for Windows, not for Mac.