DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Sony XDCAM Transfer for FC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/469916-sony-xdcam-transfer-fc.html)

Paul Cronin December 23rd, 2009 09:45 AM

Sony XDCAM Transfer for FC

Which version are people using successfully with the Sony U1 and 700/800? I have been using 2.7.0 but am just starting to use the U1 for archiving and delivery from the EX1 and PMW-350 and figured between projects was a good time to update.

Alister Chapman December 23rd, 2009 10:37 AM

I'm using 2.10.0 which is the latest version and has been completely stable.

Paul Cronin December 23rd, 2009 10:46 AM

Thanks Alister I will try 2.10.0. I have tried 2.11.0 for my Mac Pro and the drivers do not seem to work so I will go back to 2.10.0

Correction I now seem to have 2.11.0 driver working which I grabbed from the U1 disk. I will give this a go unless anyone has had problems with 2.11.0 on a Mac Pro with FC?

Gene Bauer December 23rd, 2009 10:47 AM

I concur with Alister. We have 700 and PDW U1 drives and there have been no problems. I would make sure that your U1 drives and 700's have the latest firmware. It looks like the latest version of XDCAM Transfer (2.11) is ready for FCP7.
In general we haven't had any problems with any of the XDCAM Transfer upgrades.

Paul Cronin December 23rd, 2009 11:22 AM

Since both of you are not having problem and I am still on FC 6 I will go back to 2.10.0 and the current version of clip browser.

Thanks

Doug Jensen December 23rd, 2009 11:30 AM

I am also using 2.10.0 and have had no issues transfering clips with my U-1 or F800.
All systems go.

Paul Cronin December 23rd, 2009 12:05 PM

Thanks Doug,

Starting my backup process today. 350 has been shipped and took your advice and advice from others and went for a very nice tripod set up from Vinten. Fibertech sticks, mid level spreader, and Vision 100 head.

We should get together early 2010 and play with the camera a bit if either of us can find the time.

Doug Jensen December 26th, 2009 07:16 PM

Yeah, it'd be fun to get out and do some shooting together again.
I'm trying take some time off while I've got family visiting, but I've got the itch to go down to Pt. Judith and Galilee tomorrow. It's supposed to be close to 50 degrees.

Daniel Goyette December 27th, 2009 12:44 AM

XDCAM Transfer 2.11 is intended for Snow Leopard (work with Leopard too) but only for XDCAM EX Formats , XDCAM HD (Optical) still not supported with Snow Leopard.

So i will think if you use XDCAM HD you should stay with XDCAM Transfer 2.10 and Leopard i would add of course if you buy a new Mac you are in bad situation.

I think when i posted the info somewhere about XDCAM Transfer on this forum Sony was telling it could take until March 2010 for full support and a new version too.

I found the message from Sony so this is what it said :

This message from Sony reach me tonight :

New version of XDCAM Transfer 2.11 is now posted to our support site this version supports new features of new XDCAM EX products and as well for XDCAM EX ONLY it will work under Apple Snow Leopard - Unfortunately the FAM driver for XDCAM optical HD and 422 products will not work under Snow leopard at this time and requires more development work - It will likely be until March for it, along with full support for our software on Windows 7. There will also be very soon a new version of the LOG&Transfer Plugin for FCP under Snow Leopard.

Luc De Wandel December 27th, 2009 03:20 AM

I'm new to XDCAM, and I have Snow Leopard installed on my Mac Pro 8-core. I tried the transfer from clips taken with my PDW-F350 yesterday and it works like a charm. All the proxys show up as they should and import in FCP is flawless... Of course, there may be some minor applications that I don't know off, that don't work, but the general workflow of importing works without any problem. Albeit much slower than the 'log & transfer' from my S270's clips from compact flash cards. That's a pity.

Ivan Snoeckx December 27th, 2009 05:56 AM

Luc,

What version of XDCAM Tranfer are you using? What do you mean with all the proxys show up? Can you see the thumbnails? I have a new Mac Pro 8-core with Snow Leopard pre-installed and can't see the thumbnails with version V2.10.0

Andy Mees December 27th, 2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Goyette (Post 1464943)
XDCAM Transfer 2.11 is intended for Snow Leopard (work with Leopard too) but only for XDCAM EX Formats , XDCAM HD (Optical) still not supported with Snow Leopard .... Unfortunately the FAM driver for XDCAM optical HD and 422 products will not work under Snow leopard at this time and requires more development work.

With XDCAM Transfer 2.11, I am seeing no issues with FAM access of XDCAM HD (Optical) media under Snow Leopard. Perhaps there are issues with the U1 and/or XDCAM HD 422 media but I'm seeing none of that here with standard XDCAM HD media using PDW-F70 decks attached via firewire.

Luc De Wandel December 27th, 2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Snoeckx (Post 1464981)
Luc,

What version of XDCAM Tranfer are you using? What do you mean with all the proxys show up? Can you see the thumbnails? I have a new Mac Pro 8-core with Snow Leopard pre-installed and can't see the thumbnails with version V2.10.0

Hi Ivan,

I'm using XDCAM Transfer 2.11.0, downloaded from the Sony site and I have no problem with FAM-transfer. Thumbnails show up, transfer goes smoothly, renaming is possible, etc...

Apart from that positive news I must admit that I regret having installed Snow, because ever since I did my Mac is slower and less reliable. That'll teach me to wait, next time, for at least a year or so.

Ivan Snoeckx December 28th, 2009 04:17 AM

Thanks Luc,

I'll give it a try with XDCAM Transfer V2.10.0

Luc De Wandel December 28th, 2009 08:25 AM

Opgelet, Ivan, my version is 2.11.0