DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   convert MTS to mpeg 2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/239603-convert-mts-mpeg-2-a.html)

Ahilan Wigneswaran July 23rd, 2009 04:14 PM

convert MTS to mpeg 2

i have a sony HD camcorder and i'm trying to edit videos but i need to convert my mts file to mpwg2 so it doesn't lag and i also lost the converting cs given by sony. do u know any site where i can download a converter.thanks

Graham Hickling July 26th, 2009 08:40 AM

Google "remuxts" .... top link will be a Japanese site,but if you scroll down you'll see a green link in English to the remuxts zip file.

This is a tiny, free program that losslessly remuxes transport streams to mpeg2 program streams - very fast.

Battle Vaughan July 28th, 2009 02:46 PM

Might look here: mts converter - mts file converter, mts conversion
or just google "mts file converter," there are a bunch of listings / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Graham Hickling July 28th, 2009 05:08 PM

$39 though (versus free)

Hale Nanthan March 29th, 2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahilan Wigneswaran (Post 1175665)
i have a sony HD camcorder and i'm trying to edit videos but i need to convert my mts file to mpwg2 so it doesn't lag and i also lost the converting cs given by sony. do u know any site where i can download a converter.thanks

hi,ahilan

Download PavTube MTS Converter and test it.Its demo version converted the whole file, not just the first 2 minutes. Time and Functions without limited.

James Harring March 30th, 2010 05:08 PM

converter vs proxy

You may want to instead consider a proxy, such as Gearshift (if it still exists) on vasst.com. This way you edit with the lightweight proxy, but render at full resolution.

Cineform also should be considered as an alternate codec. Again the aim is to ensure excellent quality.

Otherwise, if your output is not HD, perhaps you should consider setting your camcorder to record in standard def and bypass the extra steps.

Chris Sgaraglino April 15th, 2010 11:41 PM

Ok, this is a dumb question I'm sure, but I have to ask...

Why do you have to convert the MTS files?

I have .M2T files, should I be converting these instead of change the file extension? What am I missing?

Brian Tori April 17th, 2010 10:30 AM

This works well for me.

NewBlue AVCHD Upshift | Batch convert your AVCHD files into standard .M2T files.

Nate Haustein April 17th, 2010 11:14 AM

The "Free HD Converter" on this site worked for me.

Koyote Soft

Hale Nanthan August 3rd, 2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hale Nanthan (Post 1506929)
hi,ahilan

Download PavTube MTS Converter and test it.Its demo version converted the whole file, not just the first 2 minutes. Time and Functions without limited.

How to convert MTS to MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4?