DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   HC3 Questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/68427-hc3-questions.html)

Hse Kha February 21st, 2006 04:27 PM

HC3 - Optical or Electronic Image Stabilization?

Which one does it have? Thanks.

Holger Leonhard February 21st, 2006 05:32 PM

I am shure its not optical.

Jeff DeMaagd February 22nd, 2006 11:17 PM

My bet would be electronic. It is quite a bit smaller than HC1, and HC1 uses electronic. Optics add to weight, cost and size, none of those are compatible with a palm camcorder.

Alexander Karol February 23rd, 2006 01:09 AM

Definetely electronic.

Lynne Whelden March 21st, 2006 08:10 AM

HC3 audio

As it stands right now, there is no way to create an audio input jack for the HC3 using its hot shoe? Sony turns a deaf ear to that need as well?

J. Stephen McDonald March 21st, 2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne Whelden
As it stands right now, there is no way to create an audio input jack for the HC3 using its hot shoe? Sony turns a deaf ear to that need as well?

There are several Sony hotshoe mikes you can use on the HC3. Also, a hotshoe mike adaptor for it is reportedly in the works by an independent company, but there's no certainty about it yet. Keep watching this forum for news.

Bob Zimmerman May 15th, 2006 09:44 AM

HC3 at BB

I was in Best Buy on saturday and they had a HC3 hooked up to a monitor. What a great picture. This camcorder is the same size as my old Hi-8 or the little digital 8 I have. They even put some 24fps on it.

I will probably still hold out for a GL3, or something like a FX1. But I would love to have this camera to carry around. You can buy it online at Best Buy for $1300 something. By Christmas it will be $700!!

Chris Hurd May 15th, 2006 09:58 AM

Much better than Best Buy...

If you're going to get an HC3, why not buy from B&H instead. They match Best Buy's price, there's no sales tax if you buy online, and most importantly, they're a DV Info Net sponsor, helping to make this site available to you. Our sponsors are not only the best dealers in the business, but they also keep DV Info Net free for everyone to enjoy. Please consider them when making your purchases. Thanks in advance,

Bob Zimmerman May 15th, 2006 11:16 AM

Hc3

let me try again. I was at a store and they had a Sony HC3 hooked up to some kind of monitor. The picture was really, really good. I will wait and see what Canon comes out with i.e. GL3. But if I needed a good walking around camcorder this HDV/DV is awesome. The going price is around $1400. But in a few months it will be under $1,000

Jerry Mohn May 15th, 2006 01:06 PM

Just bought HC3 off of B&H for 1349.95

Amazon has the same price plus FREE shipping. Duh, missed that one.

I am replying because I doubt it will fall much. The dollar is still falling against the yen, the HC3 is rumored to be the hottest selling camcorder in Japan = Demand is picking up.

I need mine for a vacation trip NOW, otherwise I would have waited.

Does B&H beat Amazon prices? That would be a good one. Amazon carries so much of the inventory that B&H moves alot of, the low fruit on the tree, that has got to hurt sales. SHHHH, don't tell.

Best Buy has good deals on opened or returned items. I would insist new in box so none of the sales guys play with it before you do.

Bob Zimmerman May 15th, 2006 01:43 PM

Jerry I don't blame you. The picture quality on the HC3 was great. My credit card was trying to pop out of my wallet. But I just paid for my Nikon 17-55 so I'll have to wait.

Jm Aguilar May 27th, 2006 12:32 PM

Hc3 Accessory Question

Hi guys, im just curious will the shades,wide angle lenses that fit hc1 and a1u fit also with the hc3?

Selim Abdullai May 27th, 2006 04:04 PM

No, the HC1 and A1U's filter size is 37mm, the HC3's filter size is 30mm.

John McManimie May 27th, 2006 05:36 PM

Yes, just use a 30mm-37mm Step-Up Ring ($6.95 at B&H and probably the same or less at a million other camera supply stores) if you want to use 37mm accessories.

Jm Aguilar May 28th, 2006 02:28 AM

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys!