DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-HD1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/)
-   -   JVC HD100 Tapes in the Sony HD1000?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/120975-jvc-hd100-tapes-sony-hd1000.html)

Johnnie Caraballo May 5th, 2008 01:37 PM

JVC HD100 Tapes in the Sony HD1000??

Well my JVC HD100 bit the dust. This weekend in the middle of filming a church event the camera when Pink then Green then Black & White then Black and never turned back on. Directly powered to the wall its still dead and now the HDV Tape inside of it is stuck.

It was the last tape of the day so I decided to use my "trusty and new" Sony HD1000 to import the first tape from the JVC Camcorder.

It will play on the Sony but when plugged in to my MacPro it does not see the camera at all.

When I put a Sony HDV tape (that was used with that camera) everything works fine.

I can see the footage on the Sony LCD but it wont import!

Any idea why? Is Sony only able to import Sony Tapes? Why do I have issues when I use a JVC HDV Tape?

Thanks for your help.

Adam Gold May 5th, 2008 05:27 PM

It's not the tape, it's the recording format you put on it. The physical tapes are the same. Page 89 of your manual specifically states that while the Sony can play back 720p30 HDV, it won't output via i.Link.

You didn't know that your two cameras shot different types of HDV?

How have you been editing your mixed footage? Or have you not been mixing them?

William Hohauser May 5th, 2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnie Caraballo (Post 872483)
Well my JVC HD100 bit the dust. This weekend in the middle of filming a church event the camera when Pink then Green then Black & White then Black and never turned back on. Directly powered to the wall its still dead and now the HDV Tape inside of it is stuck.

It was the last tape of the day so I decided to use my "trusty and new" Sony HD1000 to import the first tape from the JVC Camcorder.

It will play on the Sony but when plugged in to my MacPro it does not see the camera at all.

When I put a Sony HDV tape (that was used with that camera) everything works fine.

I can see the footage on the Sony LCD but it wont import!

Any idea why? Is Sony only able to import Sony Tapes? Why do I have issues when I use a JVC HDV Tape?

Thanks for your help.

Try HDMI on your Blackmagic card if you have it yet.

Johnnie Caraballo May 5th, 2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gold (Post 872599)
It's not the tape, it's the recording format you put on it. The physical tapes are the same. Page 89 of your manual specifically states that while the Sony can play back 720p30 HDV, it won't output via i.Link.

You didn't know that your two cameras shot different types of HDV?

How have you been editing your mixed footage? Or have you not been mixing them?

I knew that the JVC shot in 720p and the Sony in 1080i but thought that since it played I could also capture it. I guess not :(

Johnnie Caraballo May 5th, 2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Hohauser (Post 872608)
Try HDMI on your Blackmagic card if you have it yet.

I going to try that next - thanks