DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-HD1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/)
-   -   easy hard disk drive ?! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/145005-easy-hard-disk-drive.html)

Eid Adawi March 3rd, 2009 12:26 PM

easy hard disk drive ?!

hello experts ?
mmm am asking if someone try to connect or to make easy hard disk for the sony hd 1000 Using the new HDMI to USB converter ?!!! + normal hdd.. or an firewire hdd and hdmi to firewitre converter ?!!!

it sounds works ! but I dont know whats going in real test ? :)

Adam Gold March 3rd, 2009 02:24 PM

The DR60 is what you need, or a Firestore. They work via Firewire.

There is no such thing as an HDMI to USB or FW converter... at least, not one that actually works.

HDMI is for display.

USB is for data file transfer.

Firewire is for streaming video with timecode.

Eid Adawi March 3rd, 2009 03:16 PM

I accept with you :)
but lets say if we use this unit\converter :D
USB to HDMI Adapter - With Caveats - HotHardware
maybe we can find some how way to ? :D
its impossible i know :D but dunno, i wish it will work ! it cheaper than the Sony hdd....

Adam Gold March 3rd, 2009 03:25 PM

Who knows? Maybe it works. Try it and let us know.

But note that this is for display, not acquisition. I doubt there's any way it could work with your cam.

James McBoyle March 5th, 2009 05:21 AM

The only way I've found of capturing video using HDMI is with a Blackmagic Design Intensity card installed to a pc / mac. It'd be nice to be able to capture via HDMI direct to a hard drive in the field for the true 1920x1080 output (and being able to shoot more than 60/90 minutes continuously), so if you do get it to work please tell us.

Eid Adawi March 10th, 2009 05:28 PM

thx for your feedback ... it would be great if the Blackmagic Design Intensity card can be installed into laptop.... then it would be easy to take laptop to the Event.... but to take normal Desktop.. with screen and cables... it sounds not good :)
I think simply to connect the camera using normal fire wire cable. to fire wire card - into laptop ?
what i will get ? good quality no ?
if i connect it ? can i record in tape too ! in the same time ? :)
this thing . i can check ;]

Adalberto Lopez March 12th, 2009 12:14 AM

You can capture in real time to your laptop using FireWire. It's the same process as if you were capturing from a tape, except that you would leave the camera in "camera" mode instead of switching it to VTR. And since you would be in camera mode you can still record simultaneously to tape. Adobe bundles OnLocation with Premiere CS4 that is designed for that purpose. Here's the link to the poduct page from Adobe's website.

Adobe OnLocation CS4: video capture software | Adobe OnLocation CS4

John Luna March 12th, 2009 06:16 AM

Adobe OnLocation CS4: video capture software | Adobe OnLocation CS4[/QUOTE

I often capture and record to tape with Final Cut Pro.

John

Adalberto Lopez March 12th, 2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

I often capture and record to tape with Final Cut Pro.
That's right. I forgot to mention it but it can be done, at least to my knowledge, with any video editing software that supports some form of external capturing. I just mentioned Adobe OnLocation CS4 since it had been developed just for that. I personally haven't used it, but I have captured directly to Premiere Pro without any problems.

Eid Adawi March 16th, 2009 01:11 PM

thanks adalperto
respect