DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   Bebob ZOE DVXL (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/111804-bebob-zoe-dvxl.html)

Deniz Ahmet January 7th, 2008 07:00 AM

Bebob ZOE DVXL

Does this remote work with the V1E anyone know for sure?

Chris Hurd January 7th, 2008 07:23 AM

I have not used it, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work with the Sony V1.

This controller is switchable between Panasonic and LANC (Sony or Canon) control jacks, so you'd have to make sure that it's properly set to the LANC position in order to work with the V1.

Mike Beckett January 7th, 2008 12:32 PM

The DVXL works fine with my V1E, all functions work correctly.

I bought my V1E last September. I understand this may have a newer firmware, and there may be issues with older V1E models, but I cannot verify this.

Deniz Ahmet January 12th, 2008 11:20 AM

Got one now and can confirm it works 100%

James Harring April 5th, 2008 09:54 AM

Bebob Zoe DVXL problems

I bought one in 12/2006, been using it at least once a month since then on a Sony HVR-A1u.
A couple months ago, I noticed it no no longer zoomed consistently, but would "stutter". I thought it was me being inconsistent.
Well last weekend while on a shoot, the speed governor wheel fell inside the unit!
This was a well maintained unit, I am not commercial, but do charity stuff as in-kind donation, so I am not really knocking it about like in my commercial days.
I e-mailed them, but no response so far. I am hoping because they are small company, perhaps they are all at NAB and will respond next week. But this should not have occurred, esp in middle of a shoot... so am disappointed.

While it worked, it was great -- could do amazing creep zooms. I'll let you know how goes.

Mike Beckett April 5th, 2008 10:25 AM

This happened me too, recently. I can only presume the wheel got a knock and the connector to the potentiometer on the circuit board sheared off. It was stuck on the slowest speed which was made life interesting to say the least.

The wheel is sort of protected by two moulded plastic ridges, so it must've got a direct hit. Maybe this is a design flaw, given that I'm not the only one this has happened to.

I pondered what to do with it, and ended up constructing a Heath Robinson repair using the tip of a small jeweller's screwdriver superglued through the wheel into the pot. on the PCB.

It works perfectly, but it doesn't inspire confidence!

James Harring April 6th, 2008 08:21 PM

Bebob ZOE DVXL

"It was stuck on the slowest speed which was made life interesting to say the least."

Ditto here - right in the middle of the shoot, as I was adjusting it... good thing it a volunteer job I was doing.

I'll try to go the "official" route and post results here.

Pietro Impagliazzo April 7th, 2008 05:34 PM

I was considering buying this one, but then I read that the focus control speed is fixed and not pressure-sensitive...

There are any LANC controllers that can control focus in a more precise way?

Stephen Deboo April 10th, 2008 05:57 AM

Yes its works fine I have one also.

James Harring July 15th, 2008 07:09 PM

Late update

I owe the 16:9 guys the courtesy of letting you know that they stood behind the product and replaced it with a new unit. I've not tried others, but can advise I really liked the feel of the unit. Very responsive to the touch, very intuitive.