DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   New V1 clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/143962-new-v1-clip.html)

Luke Oliver February 17th, 2009 05:35 AM

New V1 clip

It hasnt snowed where i live for 10 years or so so when it did i jumped at the chance to shoot

Shot in 25

is this why the pans are a bit jerky , i still like it though

Snow Motion on Vimeo

Lee Berger February 17th, 2009 06:05 AM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Beckett February 17th, 2009 07:06 AM

Very nice, Luke. When we had snow I decided to stay indoors by the radiator - I wish I'd gone out with my camera now!

The jerking is something that Vimeo seems to suffer from; I think it may be something to do with conversion from 25p to 24p.

Greg Laves February 17th, 2009 08:57 AM

Very entertaining and enjoyable. Thanks.

Luke Oliver February 17th, 2009 09:02 AM

re

i didnt realise it converts to 24p

2 pans are still jerky on my 42 inch, the main pan down on the cemetary gate

guess this is just cause i shot 25p ( PAL land)

Michael Cox February 17th, 2009 04:29 PM

Very nice Luke. Like the whole thing....

Garry Moore February 20th, 2009 10:19 PM

Snow forecast in the morning, I need to get out there!!

Luke Oliver February 23rd, 2009 05:45 AM

re

i used a white balance setting but was not to sure which was the correct one. Which is the correct symbol to use outdoor and indoor?????

Victor Wilcox February 23rd, 2009 06:07 PM

The White Balance symble for Outdoor is a black dot with rays (dashes) around it.

The Indoor is a light bulb.

Luke Oliver February 24th, 2009 02:50 AM

re

for the V1

im sure i have a B symbol and another one ??

luke

Mike Beckett February 24th, 2009 12:27 PM

A and B are two custom presets for white balance that you can set them switch between. The idea is to point the camera at something white (a piece of card - or an expensive piece of card if you buy them specially) and push the wheel to set what the camera "sees" as white.

The other symbols are the bulb for indoors and the sun for outdoors.

The manual is (or at least was!) available as a PDF download in a sticky post at the top of this forum, by the way.

Jay Kristensen April 4th, 2009 08:03 PM

Luke,
Very nice video. Makes me excited to go out and shoot and get creative again. I'm a recent convert from (still) digital photography to video and love seeing what everyone is doing. Did you use anything for some of the effects or is that all right out of the camera? I've been an architectural and commercial photographer for the last decade and nothing in my world of knowledge doesn't go though post like Photoshop or something similar. Nice work.

Ken Campbell April 5th, 2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Oliver (Post 1016759)
i used a white balance setting but was not to sure which was the correct one. Which is the correct symbol to use outdoor and indoor?????

Great stuff there! As for WB, for snow I would think doing a custom WB using a white card may be a better way to make sure you don't get blue snow, or worse, yellow snow!

I noticed at the end the girl running had some interlacing artifacts. I'm curious to know how they ended up there since you shot in progressive and I assume kept the workflow progressive for web playback.

I also wonder if you shot with the image stabilization on while panning. When I first got my V1 I did various tests and didn't really notice a difference between on or off while panning/tracking/booming but the recent 25p discussions here have me curious to retest the impact of stabilization on 24/25p.

Anyway, great work!