DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   Changing HDV footage to ACVHD; possible? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/145567-changing-hdv-footage-acvhd-possible.html)

Mike Burgess March 10th, 2009 04:11 PM

Changing HDV footage to ACVHD; possible?

I have two cams, the SR11 and the FX7. I can successfully combine the footage of both cams into one program and burn an SD DVD. But, can I combine the footage from both cams and burn an AVCHD DVD? I do not have a BR burner yet.
I have both Pinnacle 12 and the latest version of Nero. I will try to do this in a couple of days, but I am interested in whether anyone else has done this, and what the process was like and the what the results were like.

Thanks.
Mike

Leslie Wand March 10th, 2009 04:23 PM

what nle are you using?

opps - pinnacle 12. can't you simply edit your mixed bag then render to avchd from timeline?

Mike Burgess March 10th, 2009 05:59 PM

Don't know. That is what I will be trying in a couple of days.

Mike

Dave Blackhurst March 10th, 2009 10:53 PM

It's doable in Vegas - just put both formats on the timeline, render to whatever format you want... may take a while to render, and remember the 1440 vs. 1920, I seem to remember having a bit of trouble with that, but nothing serious, and now I'm all AVCHD 1920, I don't worry about it...

Martyn Hull March 11th, 2009 03:04 AM

i find pinnacle will mix the footage on my pc as long as there are no titles so thats not good plus on my pc the avchd loses a lot of resolution.

Leslie Wand March 11th, 2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyn Hull (Post 1025884)
i find pinnacle will mix the footage on my pc as long as there are no titles so thats not good plus on my pc the avchd loses a lot of resolution.

no titles!? joke of an nle.

pc has nothing to do with loss of quality. try another nle.

i use vegas quite happily, i have friends who use adobe, avid and fcp, and we all can edit avchd (to one degree or another).

download trial versions and have a quick play.

leslie

Mike Burgess March 11th, 2009 07:58 AM

Interesting replies. Thanks guys, for your input. I will doing my first test this afternoon, using first Pinnacle 12, and then later, I will try again using Nero. After DVDs have been burned and results seen on my 42" 720 plasma, I will post my impressions.

As a side, it is interesting that I did an SD DVD using both the footage from the SR11 and the FX7 and the SR11 looked a bit better. Both cams were set on all automatic exposures, etc. The way my son described it was that the SR11 footage looked almost glossy while the FX7 footage looked flat. My description was that the FX7 looked softer than the SR11. In a month or two when the weather improves, I will shoot some stuff with the FX7 and SR11, and do some manual adjustments with the FX7.

And now we return you to our previous program....

Mike

Mike Burgess March 11th, 2009 02:32 PM

Well, I was able to burn an AVCHD DVD containing both footage from my SR11 and from an FX7. I used Nero to accomplish this. As with my experience burning an SD DVD with these two cams, the SR11 seemed slightly clearer and more "punchier" colors than the FX7. The sound was fantistic with both. Again, both cams were set on automatic everthing.
One question for anyone who has the knowledge of Nero and an FX7: When capturing video from the cam, it automatically captures as an AVI file. Is this the best way to capture from the FX7, giving the best results? I tried to change it to MPEG2, but could not get any captured audio. The video from both seemed no different.

Mike