DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   HD Capture with Z1E (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/235505-hd-capture-z1e.html)

George Duncan May 17th, 2009 10:34 AM

HD Capture with Z1E

I really need help with this. I have tried to capture HD from my Z1E into my laptop. Everything is top spec and the laptop has a full 1080 screen. It's a HP X18 1101EA with 4Gb RAM, Duo core and a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 Graphics card. The 2 programmes recognise the camera and automatically select Mpeg 1/2. When I capture I keep getting told that the file cannot be opened. I use Pinnacle 12.1 ultimate...Vegas Pro9. I have disabled down converter so it should transfer HD footage. I shoot in HDV. If I capture in DV I have no problems as the camera converts the footage to DV but as soon as I turn off the conversion you can see the counter run as if it is transferring but when I stop capture and go into edit, the file is empty. Please help.
George.

Justin Hewitt May 17th, 2009 09:23 PM

george.

perhap try downloading the trial copy of Cineform Prospect HD and use HDLINK to download your footage ... if that does not work it may be your cable or a fault with your laptops 1394 port

I download HD footage to my laptop fromk my fx1E with no issues .....

George Duncan May 22nd, 2009 02:43 PM

I have tried to capture HD with Power Director and I get this message. Does this make any sense to anyone.

"You cannot use the capture function because the iLINK mode on the HDV machine is not identical to the recorded format on the tape. Please check the tape status or make sure the contents of the tape is HDV format and then reconnect the iLINK again.

Any help appreciated.
George.

Bob Hart May 23rd, 2009 12:19 AM

George.

Go into your menu and check that the "VCR HDV/DV" setting for playback is hard set to "HDV". ( Sometimes if you leave it on "AUTO" things don't always happen to plan, especially if you have re-used a tape which has prevously been recorded with a "DV" camera or the Z1 previously set to record at DV or DVCAM on another job. )

Then go to " i _ LINK CONV" and make sure it is set to "OFF"

Does your "Power Director" capture preferences or settings include a choice of "HDV" or "1080 x 1440" and a frame rate which will need to be "50i" or "60i" for the ZI which is an interlace not a progressive scan camera?

George Duncan May 23rd, 2009 10:42 AM

Yes,I have done all that but it still won't capture in HD. I don't know what is going on but I wish someone would tell me. Here I am filming in HD and I can't get the good of it. I have gone through all the manuals, watched all the training DVD's and I believe all my settings are correct. It doesn't look as though anyone has had the same problem. If I reset the camera to factory settings, do you think that would help?
Would I have to set the conversion OFF when I am filming or does it only have to OFF when I capture.

In desperation.
George.

Bruce Cairney January 3rd, 2010 08:44 PM

experiencing same problem

I am a newbe to all this and I am searching the forum for a solution for this same problem with my recently acquired Z1. I am recording in 1080i 60i (HDV lamp lit) to sony HDV tapes and when i transfer the image to my laptop (high performance specs n dedicated video card) via the HDV DV link 1394 into Studio 11.1.2 i am getting crappy image. I have saved to file, burned to disk, viewed via HDMI link (via laptop) onto HDTV screen and all images lack sharpness and colour that i view on the LCD and while I was filming. Any help would be appreciated. BAC

Adam Gold January 3rd, 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Cairney (Post 1467632)
I have saved to file, burned to disk,

Burned to what kind of disk? DVD? If so, then you are not viewing HD. Make sure you have an HDV project set up in your NLE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Duncan (Post 1147278)
Would I have to set the conversion OFF when I am filming or does it only have to OFF when I capture.

i.LINK CONV only affects capture and not shooting; nonetheless, you should always have it off all the time unless you choose to downconvert upon capture. But as above, make sure you have an HDV project set up in your NLE.

This is nearly always the problem when people report the issues you both are having. Can you both post screenshots of your Project Settings?