DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Waiting for the Z2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/39826-waiting-z2.html)

Lou Bruno February 22nd, 2005 07:24 PM

You read it here first.:

SONY will have a shoulder-mounted camera which will be the same as the FX-1 in the near future.

LIKE THE SONY DSR 250 is to the SONY VX2100/PD170.

Heath McKnight February 22nd, 2005 07:51 PM

Chris: I had NO idea.

heath

Patrick King February 22nd, 2005 08:05 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Lou Bruno : You read it here first.:

SONY will have a shoulder-mounted camera which will be the same as the FX-1 in the near future.

LIKE THE SONY DSR 250 is to the SONY VX2100/PD170. -->>>

Does "near future" = NAB?

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 22nd, 2005 09:01 PM

Careful now...I don't recall Chris saying there WILL be one, but maybe that he wouldn't be surprised if there was one. Pretty big difference between "not surprised" and "will be."
You don't want to get Chris in trouble with a manufacturer now, do ya? :-)

Boyd Ostroff February 22nd, 2005 09:32 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Bill Pryor : Chris, I think the VX9000 was the PAL version of the DSR200, only it was strictly DV, not DVCAM. It looked the same as the 200. -->>>

Looks kinda weird to me... http://www.planetomni.com/CAM_SONY_dcr-vx9000_DTL.shtml

Bryan: You made me think of John Belushi; "How much for the women? I want to buy your women! How much for the little girl?" ;-)

Steve Crisdale February 22nd, 2005 11:00 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Lou Bruno : You read it here first.:

LIKE THE SONY DSR 250 is to the SONY VX2100/PD170. -->>>

Which brings us back to why wait for the Z2? If the next big improvement is just a design alteration to suit ergonomics, rather than any internal hardware redesign to expand the basic FX-1 performance levels..... why would anyone bother waiting....

I am going to make a bold prediction, that the FX-1 will be considered a design classic. A classic, which like the Jumbo jet, is only ever copied by competitors or marginally altered to suit specific purposes, but the basic formula is so good it can't be bettered until the goal-posts are moved.....

Derek Serra February 23rd, 2005 12:15 AM

VX9000

"Looks kinda weird to me..." with reference to the VX9000. Watch it! I used the VX9000 for seven years before selling her. She was beautiful, in her own unbique way. She performed everything I asked of her, no matter how demanding. Aaah, VX, I miss you still...

Aaron Koolen February 23rd, 2005 02:31 PM

Well then, I put my challenge out again. Where is the Z1 footage with high movement, in realistic shooting situations. Sports, news, filmmaking. I've asked before and nonone could comply.

Aaron

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 23rd, 2005 02:45 PM

I've shot it. News and high action. I can recapture, if you've got a place to upload the raw files to. I'm out of space on my server with the HDV that's already up there. My footage of the Eddie surf competition was used by two different news stations, both broadcasting in HD.

Hans ter Lingen February 23rd, 2005 03:07 PM

Aaron : that was my point but nobody dares to post links with such stuff rather than ducks, swans in a lake !!!!!

Hans ter Lingen February 23rd, 2005 03:09 PM

moreover that surfer stuff was not impressive to me. I missed some sharpness and detail. Maybe it was converted bad who knows.

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 23rd, 2005 03:37 PM

Hans, I challenge you to shoot better surfing footage. Maybe you don't have a good display system. When Sony saw that footage, the original thought was that it was shot with a 900. That was shot roughly a quarter mile away from the action. On a 60' screen, that was stupendous and real. It's not converted at all. That's straight from the camera, raw m2t files.
How about sharing your display system information?
I've got over 100 hours of HDV footage. You pay the storage, I'll upload whatever you want.

Shannon Rawls February 23rd, 2005 10:12 PM

Commentator: "Jordan dribbles past him with easy, goes for the goal..."SLAM DUNK!!!!!"

Crowd : "Ohhhhhhhhhh"

Commentator: "In-His-Face!"

lol

- ShannonRawls.com

Chris Hurd February 23rd, 2005 11:10 PM

For the people who keep asking for online clips, I'd like to remind them that web hosting is not cheap when it comes to video -- especially on a message board with this level of popularity -- believe me you get slammed very hard. So for whoever is asking to see this stuff, the clips are there and the shooters are more than willing to put them up, but *you* need to pony up with the server space and bandwidth. I did my share with Kaku Ito's clips, that was 3.7 gigabytes of video that we had online, for over a month. I've done my part. You guys that are asking to see this stuff need to do your share now. Thanks in advance,

Heath McKnight February 23rd, 2005 11:19 PM

I'm going to try and work something out to where I can put up a couple of raw HDV clips on a board that is owned by a friend of mine. Unlimited space, though that may change once a few thousand people download HUGE chunks of HDV clips...

heath