DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Matching 3 HDR-FX1's - Need Help... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/93059-matching-3-hdr-fx1s-need-help.html)

Joel Corral May 2nd, 2007 09:20 PM

Matching 3 HDR-FX1's - Need Help...

hi to all,

i recently purchased a 3rd HDR-Fx1. i am having a extremely hard time trying to match the color and f-stop of the third camera. the first to have no problems what so ever matching. it seems the newest one is one stop brighter than the other two. and the color always seems a bit more red .

so my question is...

has anyone encountered any problems trying to match the FX1 or the Z1, if so what solutions did you use during production to create a accurate match.

FYI - i am using the exact same settings for each camera and am using the exact same whit balance source......

thanks,

joel

Marcus Marchesseault May 3rd, 2007 12:45 AM

Have you tried changing the AE shift?

Joel Corral May 3rd, 2007 08:47 AM

yeah, all the settings are excatly the same......

joel

Ervin Farkas May 3rd, 2007 10:17 AM

Did you buy this third one new? If so, send it back right away, it's not calibrated. I've used five cameras for a shot (one Z1 and four FX1s) and had no issues.

Joel Corral May 3rd, 2007 02:41 PM

yeah bought it brad new.... so its a calibration issue, guess i need to contact sony...

thanks

joel

Ervin Farkas May 4th, 2007 06:07 AM

Depending on where you bought it, you might be able to exchange it. I got my Z1 with the LANC controller circuitry defective and had to send it back for a replacement within the first week. I really hope you bought it from the US market and not the "gray" market...

Boyd Ostroff May 4th, 2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Corral (Post 671757)
i am using the exact same settings for each camera and am using the exact same whit balance source......

Have you tried setting all the cameras to one of the white balance presets (tungsten, daylight)? Also, have you tried resetting all the cameras using the recessed button under the LCD screen?

Joel Corral May 4th, 2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 672612)
Depending on where you bought it, you might be able to exchange it. I got my Z1 with the LANC controller circuitry defective and had to send it back for a replacement within the first week. I really hope you bought it from the US market and not the "gray" market...

bought the first two cameras through sonystyle.com and the third through B&H. so i should be ok....

joel

Joel Corral May 4th, 2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff (Post 672614)
Have you tried setting all the cameras to one of the white balance presets (tungsten, daylight)? Also, have you tried resetting all the cameras using the recessed button under the LCD screen?

No, i haven't and i will try it right now! i hope this will work! i'll report back....

thanks

joel