DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/)
-   -   Sony RU Utility (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/468734-sony-ru-utility.html)

Rob Morse December 1st, 2009 04:31 PM

Sony RU Utility

I always use the Sony Utility program to stitch my big files together. Today, for some reason it won't work. It keeps adding them as separate files and then I'm missing a frame of video and audio. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Adam Gold December 1st, 2009 05:47 PM

What's changed on your PC since the last time it worked? You're sure it's exactly one frame because... and you're sure this is the long files that have been split by the MRU?

Rob Morse December 1st, 2009 06:03 PM

Nothing on my computer has changed. I tried it another PC just to be sure and it did the same thing. I don't know if it was one frame exactly but it left a gap. I recorded about an hour and it broke into 3 clips. Typically is fuses the clips to be one long clip and it's not doing that for some reason. I formatted it in the MRC-1, same as always. Also, it’s 2 separate cards. The other card had about a ½ hour and should have fused to 1 file but it didn’t. Strange.

Adam Gold December 1st, 2009 06:09 PM

Something sounds fishy. Two separate cards would mean separate start and stop times, not a single file that the MRC broke up into multiple files. So that would never fuse properly, I don't think. I'm not aware that the RU Util is meant to fuse non-contiguous files -- I could be wrong.

Oh, wait, you meant that it's happening on two different cards, not that you are trying to fuse files from two different cards to one another, right?

The one hour file (you shot continuously without any stopping or pausing, yes?) broken into three does sound like the type of sub-files the unit creates. Did you check the timecode on each to verify exactly how many frames were missing? If none were actually missing, you could just string them together on a timeline.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, and that's likely.

I guess I'd just do a clean install and see if that helps.

Rob Morse December 1st, 2009 06:16 PM

Adam, I shot a 1/2 hour continuous on one card, which gives me 2 files and a continuous hour on another, which gives me 3 files. I do the same thing all the time. Since it isn't the PC it has to be in the MRC-1 somehow.

What would I do a clean install of?

Adam Gold December 1st, 2009 06:22 PM

The RU Util software on your PC, I would think.

Have you tried an "ALL RESET" on the MRC?

Rob Morse December 1st, 2009 06:38 PM

The utility unit comes as an .EXE file. It runs itself and has no drivers. I guess I'll try the All Reset. I was hoping I could fix this one or at least find out what it is so it doesn't happen again. Thanks.

Rob Morse December 20th, 2009 10:43 AM

Just to complete this post, the "reset" on the MRC1 fixed the issue. I just put in some footage I shot a couple of weeks ago and it stitched the files together perfectly.

Adam Gold December 20th, 2009 12:19 PM

Good to know.