HDMI/SDI Output Differences? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 9th, 2020, 10:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HDMI/SDI Output Differences?

Hi Everyone,

Looking for an upgrade to a Z1 used at our church for live webcasts. We do not record in camera and are currently using HDMI output to our switcher. Also, we do not pass audio through the camera either. Wondering if there are any differences between the Z5 and FX1000 in terms of live video output? Is it full, 1920x1080? Is 30p and 60p available or just interlaced modes? We currently de-interlace in software, but full progressive would be a nice option.

Also, would Z5 or FX1000 be as good as/better than the Z1 output, or would it be better to look at newer models. Seeing so many good deals on these older cameras it's hard to decide.

Many Thanks
M
Mark Chafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: HDMI/SDI Output Differences?

I had FX1000s until I traded them in for Z5s. They are essentially identical but the Z5 has more pro features. The Z5 has real 30p while the FX1000 only has 30p over 60i.

The Z5 makes prettier pictures than the Z1 due to its enhanced low light capability without noise.

None of these has SDI. None has 60p.

(If you are interested in multiple Z5s, I have 5 -- 3 of which that have never had tape inside them -- that I'm trying to sell. I think you can get my email from my profile if interested.)

I think the Z5s are the best cams I have ever owned, and am sadly parting with them because I'm retired for health reasons.
Old January 9th, 2020, 07:10 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: HDMI/SDI Output Differences?

SDI is better but you would need cameras and the device they ared connected to on the other end to be sdi. I don't do streaming/broadcasting, so I use HDMI because it's more common, and generally speaking sdi cameras and devices are priced higher because they're target user is corporate entities with deep pockets.

Here's a link that outlines the benefits of SDI. https://churchm.ag/hdmi-vs-hd-sdi/
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000