DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   questions re use of the stock lense. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/136628-questions-re-use-stock-lense.html)

Jamie Jewett October 25th, 2008 08:57 PM

questions re use of the stock lense.

howdy

just beginning to use my new camera and had a few questions about focus in practice -
I am use to shooting with a vx2000 that I had and loved for years but was a different animal altogether...

1. If you set a button to be push auto focus will this work if the focus ring is in the manual position? or is there a way to set this up?
I like to shoot in manual but have the push button for back up if I need it...

2. I notice a serious jolt when I touch the button on the zoom ring -
what do people do about this? Is it normal? I have been just trying to avoid it but that is not always easy....

many thanks

jamie

Jun Galinato October 26th, 2008 12:19 AM

Yes. Page 28 of the user's manual, "Adjusting focus manually in Mode B(auto focus)". And page 29, Using automatic focus temporarily (one push auto focus).

I assigned L1 as the push auto button for easier operation and user 1 for focus, and transfered digital extender to user 2. User 3 is steady shot on and off.

Jun

Jamie Jewett October 26th, 2008 10:05 AM

rtfm - thanks

thanks -

I am w/o the manual this weekend -
but I just found it on-line -

so thanks for the heads up on where to look
best
jamie

Jun Galinato October 26th, 2008 11:46 AM

Actually, the manual is a little bit hard to understand. Me myself have at least 15 minutes to figure it out. Here's a little bit easier explanation how to set it up.

1) First, make sure the focus ring is in auto focus mode, that is push the ring outward so you cannot see the manual focus arm in the display.
2) Assign a user button for say user 1 for FOCUS.
3) Assign L1 or any button comfortable for you for PUSH AUTO.
4) After you exit the menu, press user 1 button, which is the FOCUS, and you now see the manual focus display and meter read out in feet or meter, depends how you configure. You can now adjust the focus manually using the focus ring.
5) Push the L1 which is configured as PUSH AUTO, and the manual focus display will turn off, now it's in auto focus as long as you push and hold L1, when you release the button, it will go back in manual focus mode.

Hope I explained it clearly.

Jun

Jamie Jewett October 26th, 2008 08:41 PM

long seek time for push auto focus?

thanks - this is more clear

it seems like the push auto takes quite a long time to focus -
is this others experience as well?

thanks
Jamie

Jun Galinato October 26th, 2008 08:44 PM

That depends on the lighting and contrast of the subject. Have you turned off the Macro? If not, you have to turn it off. It was tuned on by default, so you have to turn it off from the menu.

Jun