DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Hoodloupe made for Z1 fits Z7? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/214708-hoodloupe-made-z1-fits-z7.html)

Luc De Wandel April 19th, 2009 07:03 AM

Hoodloupe made for Z1 fits Z7?

I read in this forum that "The Z7's LCD ... is considerably smaller than the Z1's".

I want to buy a 'Hoodloupe' from Hoodman, originally made for the Z1, to fit on my Z7's LCD-monitor, but does anyone know if it will fit? That means: is the total size of LCD-screen+frame the same as the Z1's?

Greg Laves April 21st, 2009 09:06 PM

the V1 and Z1 have the same size LCD. 3.5". The Z7 is 3.2" which is a very slight difference when you are considering this is a diagonal measurement. But my friends Hoodman for a V1 did not fit very well at all on my Z7. I would have had to gaff tape it to keep it on.

Luc De Wandel April 22nd, 2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Laves (Post 1122344)
the V1 and Z1 have the same size LCD. 3.5". The Z7 is 3.2" which is a very slight difference when you are considering this is a diagonal measurement. But my friends Hoodman for a V1 did not fit very well at all on my Z7. I would have had to gaff tape it to keep it on.

That's bad news, Greg. It would have been perfect to transform the Z7 in a shoulder camera.
But did you have the special velcro attachment that holds the loupe firm to the monitor?
I wonder why Sony do not make a dedicated loupe for the monitor themselves. Would sell like hell!

Greg Laves April 22nd, 2009 10:37 AM

He tried to fit it up and I didn't really have much to do with it, so I really didn't see a whole lot. It looked like it had straps that went behind the LCD to hold it in place. I can't tell you any more than that. Sorry.

Luc De Wandel April 22nd, 2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Laves (Post 1124491)
He tried to fit it up and I didn't really have much to do with it, so I really didn't see a whole lot. It looked like it had straps that went behind the LCD to hold it in place. I can't tell you any more than that. Sorry.

What you saw was probably the attaching device with velcro from Hoodman. It should hold the loupe firmly to the monitor, but if the latter is too small, that would be a problem of course.

Luc De Wandel April 30th, 2009 02:01 AM

Just received my Hoodloupe with the elastic velcro attachment and it fits quite nicely over the monitor of my Sony HVR-Z7. There's only a small rim of about 3 mm of the image missing. The fixing is sturdy, but the optical quality could indeed be better: in the corners the image is blurry. Anyway, with an investment of 144,- euro's I've made a shoulder camera from my Z7. Too bad Belgian customs kept the Express mail (!) package for three f... days, just to calculate their tax of 10,- euro's. Disgusting.