DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Fujinon S17x6,6 BRM 1/2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/239947-fujinon-s17x6-6-brm-1-2-a.html)

Alfred Plotzer July 29th, 2009 05:05 AM

Fujinon S17x6,6 BRM 1/2

I recieved this lense today.the only thing i can say,it works fantastic.with the fujinon adapter from 1/3 to 1/2 perfect.the lense is very,very sharp tillthe edges.
i bought it on E-bay about $ 300.I´m really happy.

fred from vienna

Greg Laves July 29th, 2009 08:19 AM

Congratulations on a wise purchase. I have a Fujinon 1/3 16x lens for my Z7 and it stays on the camera all of the time.

Gabor Heeres July 29th, 2009 03:48 PM

Alfred,

This is a SD lens? How does it oermorm when running on HDV?

Alfred Plotzer July 30th, 2009 12:03 AM

SD lense

It`s TV SD Lense and it works perfect on HDV.i did a test today morning by sunrise and the pictures are fascinating.

Ronnie Martin July 30th, 2009 06:55 PM

Is the adapter a hot shoe adapter? Also what happens to the power of the lens as a result of the adapter? I would think that the adapter would act almost like a doubler. I would be interested in one of these lenses if I knew that I would fit on both my 270 and my Ex-3.

Thanks

Ronnie Martin
Page 1

Alfred Plotzer July 31st, 2009 12:00 AM

Hot shoe

no.there is no adapter with hot shoe on the market.the lens is connected by cable.
the factor is about 1,3.not all functions availlable by remote of the camera.lance control for zoom is seperated on the lense,not on the body of the cam.the adapt.is fujinon.
but only i can say,it works great.fantastic pictures.

best regards

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at

Gary Nattrass July 31st, 2009 05:37 AM

I have a brand new boxed never been used 1/3" 16X Fujinon Th16×5.5BRMU if anybody is thinking of buying one for their Z7 or S270.
I am on P2 now so have the 17x fujinon on my 301 so dont need it, I also have a tatty used one that you can have really cheap the glass is Ok and it works but has some wear and tear.

Ronnie Martin July 31st, 2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred Plotzer (Post 1178973)
no.there is no adapter with hot shoe on the market.the lens is connected by cable.
the factor is about 1,3.not all functions availlable by remote of the camera.lance control for zoom is seperated on the lense,not on the body of the cam.the adapt.is fujinon.
but only i can say,it works great.fantastic pictures.

best regards

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at

Thanks for your reply.... I never use anything but manual focus anyway. I have been looking for a 1/2 inch lens (reasonably priced) so that I could use it on both the 270 and the EX-3. One other question.... I assume with the fujinon on the Z7 that none of the lens information appears in the view finder. It that correct? One Problem that I have not been able to remedy with the 270 is to show the lens info (stock lens applied) and other info that appears in the view finder to be displayed on an external or on camera monitor. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much

Ronnie Martin
Page 1

Alfred Plotzer August 3rd, 2009 05:24 AM

you don`t see info about the distance,but the sharpness you can see very well.

fred

Ronnie Martin August 3rd, 2009 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=Alfred Plotzer;1180191]you don`t see info about the distance,but the sharpness you can see very well.

fred[/QUOte

I assume that iris contrtol is manual only..... there are times where I do need auto iris. I shoot dirt racing at night in poorly lit situations where the cars are moving at speeds over 100mph and the light is constantly changing every 10-20 feet. Auto iris is very helpful. I must say that the auto iris on the Ex-3 and the 270 keeps up pretty well.

What did the adapter cost for the 270 and where did you obtain it? The Ex comes with an adapter for other 1/2 inch lenses and I der if it would work.

Thanks so much

Ronnie Martin
www.dirtracinvideo.com

Greg Laves August 3rd, 2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Martin (Post 1180242)
I assume that iris contrtol is manual only..... there are times where I do need auto iris.

As Alfred said, he plugged the wire from the lens into the body of the camera. It doesn't need to be a "hot shoe" lens adapter for the iris to work. When you plug the wiring from the lens into the body of the camera, they share information and auto iris still works. If you get a broadcast lens that is "hot shoe" only, then none of the above applies.

With any broadcast lens you do loose some functions. Aside from the distance info that Alfred mentioned, the top handle zoom control will no longer work. And there is no auto focus, of course. But the digital zoom still works, since that function is inside the body of the camera. And since the image stabilization is in the lens, you loose that function, as well.

Alfred Plotzer August 4th, 2009 05:44 AM

I don`t i have my camera beside me,because i`m in the office,but i think autofocus also works.
you can use the button on the lens for autofocus or manual.

best regards fred

Alfred Plotzer August 5th, 2009 12:48 AM

i looked today,just iris is auto or manual.but in the wide position it`most all sharp.

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at

Ronnie Martin August 7th, 2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred Plotzer (Post 1178138)
I recieved this lense today.the only thing i can say,it works fantastic.with the fujinon adapter from 1/3 to 1/2 perfect.the lense is very,very sharp tillthe edges.
i bought it on E-bay about $ 300.I´m really happy.

fred from vienna

What did the adapter cost for the 270 and where did you obtain it? The Ex comes with an adapter for other 1/2 inch lenses and Iwonder if it would work.

Thanks so much

Ronnie Martin
www.dirtracinvideo.com[/QUOTE]

Mike Tapa August 8th, 2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Martin (Post 1193333)
The Ex comes with an adapter for other 1/2 inch lenses and Iwonder if it would work.

The adaptor that comes with the EX3 only fits the EX3.
The mount is completely different to that of the Z7/S270.