DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Convergent Design Nano Flash & Z7 ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/255109-convergent-design-nano-flash-z7.html)

Dan Keaton November 11th, 2009 08:06 AM

Dear Alexander,

We will be happy to assist.

I see that your profile does not have an email address.

Could you please send me an email. Just click on my name to the left to start.

Zach Love November 11th, 2009 11:03 AM

"Dear Dan,

Thank you for your answer. You've inspired me, because I was almost broke with this blocking issue. I really hoped that your answer would be that way. Rolling shutter does not bother me. The only question is: blocking after a flash or fast changing lights? Will it dissapear due to higher bitrate used in nanoflash?
An one more thing: how I can get nanoflash in Ukraine?

Regards,
Alex "

I'm guessing it would. If you're seeing compression after a camera flash, it should be similar to compression after / during a quick camera move. When there is a lot that changes on screen the Long GOP has a lot of catch up to play. The more Mbps the Long GOP has, the better it is at keeping up.

Dan Keaton November 11th, 2009 11:10 AM

Dear Alexander,

With an appropriate bit-rate, the nanoFlash can keep up with any image that is sent to it. No blocking will occur, under almost all circumstances, when using the nanoFlash with the right bit-rate.

Alexander Timanov November 11th, 2009 06:46 PM

Dan and Zach,

Thank you for your answers I appreciate it. Dan, I have sent you a message already to your e-mail address. I thouhgt you would not be able to answer so I decided to sent you a PM.

to Zach: you're absolutely right about artifacts. I'm seeing things just like you describe. This is terrible. Imagine: I had two S270 shooting stage with lots of fast changing lights sometimes coming directly into lens... Guess how surprised and frustrated I was when I saw all this during post.

I would like to thank you for your detailed description on how it works. I hope I will be able to get nano as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Dan Keaton November 11th, 2009 07:13 PM

Dear Alexander,

I have sent you a private message.

Ron Wilber November 12th, 2009 05:34 AM

what would be the better route for chroma keying, an upgrade to the ex1 or adding the nanoflash to the z7?

Alexander Timanov November 12th, 2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1446037)
Dear Alexander,

I have sent you a private message.

Nothing so far. Will you kindly try again please? I've changed my profile.

Dan Keaton November 12th, 2009 07:02 AM

Dear Alexander,

I checked, my original email was sent out and has not been returned.

I sent you another email a different way.

If you do not get my email, just post here and I will give you my email.

Alexander Timanov November 12th, 2009 07:34 AM

Dear Dan,

I got it. Thanks. I'll prepare my questions to you shortly.

Regards,
Alex

David Heath November 12th, 2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Wilber (Post 1446208)
what would be the better route for chroma keying, an upgrade to the ex1 or adding the nanoflash to the z7?

Likely to be upgrading to the EX (luminance resolution is just as important as chroma resolution).

Ideally, upgrade to the EX AND get a nanoFlash. Obviously more expensive than either of those things alone!

Zach Love November 18th, 2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Wilber (Post 1446208)

If you can only do one, then get the Nanoflash w/ the Z7. For chroma keying you want 4:2:2 (or even 4:4:4 if you can).

But you can look into other options like the BlackMagic Intensity: Blackmagic Design: Intensity

The Matrox MXO2 Mini: HDMI and Analog I/O for Mac and PC - Matrox MXO2 Mini

The Blackmagic is only an option if you have a tower w/ PCIe expansion slots. The MXO2 will work with a laptop w/ Expresscard 34 or PCIe. Either one (or even other products) will let you record HD at higher quality like the NanoFlash, although not nearly as portable.

But if you just need better chroma key & you can set up a computer next to the camera, these products would be much cheaper than a Nanoflash.

Luc De Wandel November 18th, 2009 05:15 AM

Is the Matrox MXO2 Mini also suitable for playing my Quicktime HD-video's via HDMI on a full-HD (1920 x 1080) tv ? These edited videoclips are on my MacBook Pro. I'm just wondering how the signal will get from the MacBook to the Matrox?

Ron Wilber November 24th, 2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach Love (Post 1448886)
If you can only do one, then get the Nanoflash w/ the Z7. For chroma keying you want 4:2:2 (or even 4:4:4 if you can).

But you can look into other options like the BlackMagic Intensity: Blackmagic Design: Intensity

The Matrox MXO2 Mini: HDMI and Analog I/O for Mac and PC - Matrox MXO2 Mini

The Blackmagic is only an option if you have a tower w/ PCIe expansion slots. The MXO2 will work with a laptop w/ Expresscard 34 or PCIe. Either one (or even other products) will let you record HD at higher quality like the NanoFlash, although not nearly as portable.

But if you just need better chroma key & you can set up a computer next to the camera, these products would be much cheaper than a Nanoflash.

I've been reading nothing but complaints about the Matrox mini, and just my luck, i don't have an express card slot on my laptop.

What do you think will hold it's value more 6months from now, the Nanoflash or EX1? I just need the nanoflash until after march, then I'll probably sell it... any forseable chance of it's resale value crashing before then?

Dan Keaton December 8th, 2009 12:40 AM

Dear Alexander,

My emails to you are being returned.

Could you please send me your current email address?

Alexander Timanov December 8th, 2009 04:50 PM

Dear Dan,

I will send it to you right away.

Thanks for posting.

Alex.