DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Please, help, urgent, iris button not working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/504391-please-help-urgent-iris-button-not-working.html)

Rene Martinez Gonzalez January 15th, 2012 02:30 AM

Please, help, urgent, iris button not working

Hi everyone, this is my first thread here i'm Rene from México city and ill be glad to help anyone if i can.

Guys, my Z7u has a problem with lens buttons, they are not responding, auto/manual iris button is not working any more, and digital extender is not working any more, i know very well is not configuration because it was working and just 1 second later they were not working any more :(,

Buttons are correctly assigned at assign button menu.
I have been using a Nikon adapter, so some times i take original lens off to put lens adapter, maybe this is the problem. because i must to take original lens out and put it back again some times.

I don't know, but please guys i need to use my camera these days and I CANT WORK with out manual iris mode. please!!!

Adam Gold January 15th, 2012 12:05 PM

Re: Please, help, urgent, iris button not working

Sounds like a bad main board. One of my Z5s is at Sony right now for the same problem.

Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, it could be the board. Or it could be something minor like the Auto/Man switch or the internal cable from the switch to the main board.

But even if it is simple, it's likely to be expensive to fix.

But really these are all guesses because we aren't camera techs and don't have the cam in front of us and can't possibly really know for sure.

Matt Bigwood January 15th, 2012 01:05 PM

I'd agree with Adam - when I first got my Z7e I took the lens off and was using it with a Nikon adapter, and afterwards the buttons on the lens didn't work. I phoned the company I bought it from and they suggested pressing the reset button which did cure the problem.

Rene Martinez Gonzalez January 15th, 2012 02:00 PM

I've done that (reset) but i mean, a simple reset like press that button at the top of them camera but i dont know how to make a "hard reset" please guys, tell me how to do that.

And yeah i used that Nikon adapter and after that this problems are present :( i know eventually i should to take it to sony's service but i want to try everything i can before they open my camera.

thx and ill be watching your answers.

Scott Caplan January 25th, 2012 02:55 PM

My digital extender stopped working when I switched from 60i to 30p/24p. Switch it back to 60i and see if this fixes the digital extender.

Make sure your external ring (the one that switches focus from manual to auto) isn't partially engaged. if it's partially engaged, the camera won't know what mode the focus is in. This may also affect the iris. Make sure the lens is set for manual mode - slide the outer lens ring out and in a few times in case it's partially engaged.

Scott

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene Martinez Gonzalez (Post 1709528)
Hi everyone, this is my first thread here i'm Rene from México city and ill be glad to help anyone if i can.

Guys, my Z7u has a problem with lens buttons, they are not responding, auto/manual iris button is not working any more, and digital extender is not working any more, i know very well is not configuration because it was working and just 1 second later they were not working any more :(,

Buttons are correctly assigned at assign button menu.
I have been using a Nikon adapter, so some times i take original lens off to put lens adapter, maybe this is the problem. because i must to take original lens out and put it back again some times.

I don't know, but please guys i need to use my camera these days and I CANT WORK with out manual iris mode. please!!!