DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Sony NXCAM -- Announcement Coming November 18th (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/467699-sony-nxcam-announcement-coming-november-18th.html)

Brian Standing November 15th, 2009 08:38 AM

OK, as long as we're guessing.... I'd say a 2/3" CMOS handheld XDCAM EX....

Ron Evans November 15th, 2009 09:04 AM

I would say the biggest threat from Panasonic HMC150 or even the 170 would be to the Z5. Also if Sony feel that Canon will enter with a Xl1 replacement then a Solid State Z5 would be the answer. AVCHD for the Prosumer and a version with EX codec for the pro market. The DV and DVCam equivalent today.

At least that's what I would like !!!! Will have to wait a few days to see how much money my possible Christmas present is going to be!!!!! I really like the XR500 that makes my FX1 look dated now so a 3chip version in a Z5 body would be perfect for me.

Ron Evans

Bill Koehler November 15th, 2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang Winne (Post 1447176)
compact flash cards from Sony?

Why not? It's the professional space, not consumer, and the HVR-MRC1K uses CompactFlash, so there is some precedent.

Paul Kousoulides November 16th, 2009 07:55 AM

If you watched the EX1-R/PMW 350 press launch, the Sony rep mentioned that there would be announcements "in the next few weeks" regarding 3D acquisition. This could be it.

Id prefer improvements to the 2D stuff first but Sony have a lot invested in 3D tech so we're going to get it sooner or later, like it or not.

Mike Marriage November 16th, 2009 04:39 PM

Xdcam codec, sub 2/3" cmos sensors. Solid state only. Handheld. Just my guess.

Sean Seah November 16th, 2009 07:07 PM

Cant be 2/3" I think.. the Jap Sony manager said the EX1 is already a marvel to have such a small form factor with 1/2" chip.

Could be a 1/3" with XDCAM Codec or AVCHD to pit against the Panny 152 in my opinion. If it is a 1/3" XDCAM long GOP it would make a good companion to XDCAM EX owners. Form factor looks like a Z5 thou.

Aaron Fowler November 17th, 2009 05:36 AM

I really doubt it's an xdcam ex product, if it was wouldn't they have announced it with the EX1-R and PMW 350? That would be the logical thing to do wouldn't it?

Emmanuel Plakiotis November 17th, 2009 05:50 AM

Can't be 1/2 inch (they just revised it) and if it is 2/3 inch or bigger it must be single sensor (actually Sony had an excellent 2/3 inch Hi8 back in the early 90s).

My guess: 1/3inch 3chip, Xdcam codec, CF to rival the Jvc cameras and a death nail to HDV.
Alternative but less probable: APS single chip Xdcam codec, CF
There is a slight chance that instead of CF we will see MStick but my bet is on CF

Sean Seah November 17th, 2009 08:36 AM

Woah, APS-C with XDCAM CODEC would be quite a killer if the lens are fast enuf. Good guess n I hope its true. Oh well, one more day to go!

Andy Wilkinson November 17th, 2009 09:46 AM

"APS-C with XDCAM CODEC" - yep, sounds about right....in which case anyone want to buy my 2 week old Canon 7D! We'll know soon enough - but that would just be my (bad) luck if this got announced tomorrow!

Ethan Cooper November 17th, 2009 10:09 AM

Ok guys, I'm gonna bite on this one. If it is a APS-C with XDCAM CODEC then how much would you guess that puppy will cost? Considering the EX3 (with lens) is $8,300 then I'd guess an APS-C cam will be $12,000 with lens.

Also, would said camera accept anything other than Sony lenses?

An APS-C chip in a true video camera format has made too much sense and that's exactly why I think that Sony isn't going that route quite yet. My guess is something smaller in scope and size, like others have tossed out there maybe a 1/3" FX1 sized XDCam.

Or we all could be wrong and it could be a copy machine that interfaces with PDF's. Revolutionary.

Lawrence Bansbach November 17th, 2009 10:41 AM

My guess:
  1. New APS-C global-shutter CMOS sensor
  2. Raw output plus HDMI
  3. Frame rates up to ≥ 60p, including 24p, 25p, and 30p
  4. High ISO (think Canon 1D Mark IV)
  5. Price: ≤ $3,000
If it's anything less (or costs more), don't buy it.

Ethan Cooper November 17th, 2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

My guess:

1. New APS-C global-shutter CMOS sensor
2. Raw output plus HDMI
3. Frame rates up to ≥ 60p, including 24p, 25p, and 30p
4. High ISO (think Canon 1D Mark IV)
5. Price: ≤ $3,000

If it's anything less (or costs more), don't buy it.

I don't see those options coming anywhere near that price. Global shutter, 60p and 1D Mark IV ISO performance for $3000 or under... oh I get it, you were making a joke right?

Lawrence Bansbach November 17th, 2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper
I don't see those options coming anywhere near that price. Global shutter, 60p and 1D Mark IV ISO performance for $3000 or under... oh I get it, you were making a joke right?

Yup. I don't see Sony offering those options at any price.

Chris Luker November 17th, 2009 01:42 PM

New PMWF350 with 2/3" sensors:
Link