DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Recent Wedding Shot on NX5U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/482210-recent-wedding-shot-nx5u.html)

Benny Ek July 21st, 2010 11:32 AM

Recent Wedding Shot on NX5U

Nick Popa July 22nd, 2010 11:24 PM

Steadicam?

Benny Ek July 23rd, 2010 10:13 AM

Actually, Glidecam no vest, just the sled.

Nick Popa July 26th, 2010 11:20 AM

Wow, looks great!
Which glidecam is that? 2000pro, 4000pro, Hd2000,or HD4000??
I am in the midst of buying a glidecam, but wasn't sure which would be best for the NX5U since it's weight is on the borderline of the requirements of the glidecams.

Gary Griffiths July 26th, 2010 03:18 PM

Hey Benny, this is very nice stuff. It has been a while since I've seen such a well done and unique wedding highlight reel. The "fly by" stabilizer shot's are excellent.

Again, nice job.
Gary

Benny Ek July 27th, 2010 12:36 PM

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the feedback. I really have been enjoying this new NX5U with my weddings.
It is hard at times to not go to my DSLR, but the Sony just gives me such versatility and consistency.
I'm a fan. I was a little afraid of the reliability factor after some of the reports, but I have been rock solid so far. (knocking on wood)

Nick Popa July 28th, 2010 07:49 AM

Hey, I think you missed my question Benny...
"Which glidecam is that? 2000pro, 4000pro, Hd2000,or HD4000??
I am in the midst of buying a glidecam, but wasn't sure which would be best for the NX5U since it's weight is on the borderline of the requirements of the glidecams."

Benny Ek July 28th, 2010 03:10 PM

Sorry Nick.
Yes. I used the Glidecam 4000 Pro on this shoot. I would go for the HD4000 if I were you.
I will be making the upgrade soon myself. The 2000 is to small for this camera in my opinion.

Dan Asseff July 28th, 2010 04:30 PM

Benny,

What kind of light are you using?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions

Benny Ek July 28th, 2010 04:33 PM

I am using a litepanel Micro for most of my shots. I try not to light more than needed. Mostly reception stuff only.

Mark A. Foley January 23rd, 2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny Ek (Post 1552559)
Thanks Guys. I appreciate the feedback. I really have been enjoying this new NX5U with my weddings.
It is hard at times to not go to my DSLR, but the Sony just gives me such versatility and consistency.
I'm a fan. I was a little afraid of the reliability factor after some of the reports, but I have been rock solid so far. (knocking on wood)

(sorry for digging up old threads but researching info for glidecam 4000 setup for the cam)

Content still trumps toys...I've been a little hesitant of going the DSLR route for the wedding work as I cannot afford to muss shots while stumbling for focus...iso...etc

Great shots and great cutting of the footage... 720P?

Marty Jenoff January 23rd, 2011 07:26 AM

I'm curious also, what are you shooting - 1080 or 720 and what frame rate?

Benny Ek February 21st, 2011 01:09 PM

Re: Recent Wedding Shot on NX5U

I shot this wedding at 1080 24P

Ian McElroy March 9th, 2011 04:45 PM

That was really nice!

I thought the colours were great. I'm guessing you added some 'pop' in your editor, but I find the colours a little flat straight out of my NX5. (actually, quite a lot flat!!)

The picture profiles are obviously the way to go, but with 50 variables, the manual offers only two pages which says little more than - "you can change this" "you can change that". Where can I find out what to adjust to get more colour??

Sorry for the noob question - but I had a Canon XM2 before (GL2) - and the colours were fantastic, I never even thought about changing anything!!

If there's a NX5 thread here with the answers, I've missed it - sorry - please guide the way.... Should I look at other camera areas (on DVInfo) for tips?

Help please!

Thanks.

Bryan Morgan April 18th, 2011 07:40 AM

I really like the glidecam footage you have near the end of the video. I have the same camera and a SmoothShooter/HD4000. I have been trying for about a month to setup my glidecam and just can't seem to get all of the swing out of it, I have tried several weight combinations and I just can't get totally steady. I am currently setup with 1 of the large weight plates on top of the 4000 with a Manfrotto QR plate and then the nx5 with the large battery and the factory shotgun mic. From time to time I also add a Ikan led light to the front show which really makes the camera heavy on the front but I have enough adjustment on the glidecam adjustment screws to balance it back out. I am running 5 weight plates on the front and back at the lower end of the glidecam and continue to play with the vertical adjustment of the counterbalance. Can you comment on how you have your system setup.