DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   a format error has occured in memory card A : SOS (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/491662-format-error-has-occured-memory-card-sos.html)

Anthony Mozora February 12th, 2011 05:08 PM

a format error has occured in memory card A : SOS

hello there

this is my very serius problem . i was filming a multicamera wedding video with a brand new NX5 and thanks God a canon xha1.

I had in my camera a trancend 32gb class 10 SDHC card. Everything was ok until suddenly the following notification came to the screen
''a format error has occured in memory card A '' and since then I can not enter the card thru NX5 or with a card reader on my pc. Windows 7 ask me for a format everytime i enter the card. Please help. Thanks God i have the wedding on my beloved HDV tapes but I would like to have the other angles for creating a better job.

I have tried cardrecovery software , the program found me few mts clips from the begining but got frozen before to finish full scan.

Now i have installed the
Data Recovery - Zero Assumption Recovery and am waiting for the results ..

:(((((((((((((((((((

Ario Narendro February 13th, 2011 09:28 PM

Sorry to hear that Anthony, I think the problem is in your card (imho), I never had it in my NX5 but it did happen once in my DSLR, and also with the same brand, trancend.. but in my case, I got a "fake" card, bought it with a cheaper price and end up in more money to recovery the data. I don't know what is the real problem in this case, hope there is anybody here could give you any solutions or explanations..:)

Regards,
AN

Anthony Mozora February 14th, 2011 05:40 AM

thank u for the quick reply Ario :)

Thanks GOD problem has been solved!

I have tried with many recovery softwares like zero assumption recovery and CardRecovery but they didnt do anything. then I found DDR -DIGITAL CAMERA RECOVERY and thanks GOD this program saved my life and 100% of the video! :))))))))))))

I dont know if it was a camera error or from the card cause after formating the card I did another shooting to check it and it was ok. maybe it was just bad luck :)

I will now definitelly buy the 128gb unit for sure

Ario Narendro February 16th, 2011 06:45 PM

ow yeah the FMU 128Gb is way much efficient, you don't have to worry about SD cards, a single FMU can last for 1980 minutes if you shooting using full SD format and 700minutes with full HD format.

Luc Novovitch February 16th, 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Mozora (Post 1618042)
didnt do anything. then I found DDR -DIGITAL CAMERA RECOVERY and thanks GOD this program saved my life and 100% of the video! :))))))))))))

Anthony,
Could you tell us the exact reference (software company and exact name)?
That would be helpful - just in case...
Thanks.

Anthony Mozora February 17th, 2011 02:33 AM

hopefully you will never need this software but just in case here u are

Digital camera lost pictures recovery software retrieve inaccessible corrupted images

Ron Evans February 17th, 2011 06:30 AM

Did you try the directory data base repair in the NX5U? Its on the MODE page. Page 66 in manual.

Ron Evans

Luc Novovitch February 17th, 2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Mozora (Post 1619044)
hopefully you will never need this software but just in case here u are

Thanks. I see it like an insurance...

Anthony Mozora February 17th, 2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans (Post 1619070)
Did you try the directory data base repair in the NX5U? Its on the MODE page. Page 66 in manual.

Ron Evans

yes, didnt do anything :(

Daniel V Bonello February 19th, 2011 05:14 PM

I have two NX5s. The primary runs both FMU128 and two SDHC class 6 cards one 32GB in A and another 16GB in B.

I have filmed many weddings since acquiring the two cameras November last year with no issues. Yesterday however I experienced this exact same problem on the primary.

First time it happened, luckily we were just shooting location shots and no something that needed continuous recording like say ceremony or speeches. The LCD goes black, showing a formatting errors, then restarts. It tries to restore the footage after booting up again.

This all takes approx 25seconds then the camera is operational again. Thought it might have been a slight glitch but then it happened again when testing lighting at the reception. This time however the card comes up with a formatting issue and is inaccessible. Also, as stated by the OP, Windows always wants to format the flash stick.

I used multiple programs to restore in windows and actually was able to copy all the mts' onto my PC. However most of the clips would not play, rather they show a split second of footage rolled up in a scroll like disfigurement in windows 7 media player.

The sizes and file characteristics look fine though.

Formatting the card through the camera allows recording, but the problem re: rebooting is still persistent.

Here the FMU128 has saved me. Should this have happened without it, I would have lost a BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING. I am pointing to simply a faulty Transcend SDHC 32GB class 6 card. The secondary I use runs off the same type in A and another 16GB in B WITHOUT an FMU128. Not for long however, will be buying another to compliment my secondary camera.

HI FIVE FMU128

Cristian Adrian Olariu February 20th, 2011 03:06 AM

Daniel, I have a question.
You said "The LCD goes black, showing a formatting errors, then restarts". The primary camera was recording simultaneously on both the FMU and memory card? I hope not, because in this case it means that the recording stops on the FMU when the camera restarts.

Daniel V Bonello February 20th, 2011 03:08 PM

Sorry I wasnt that clear.

Both times it happened, was just afer I stopped recording. So it didnt happen while I was recording, rather when I pressed the rec button to stop recording.

Yes my primary records to both the FMU and cards simultaneously, so whilst the camera restarts then I am unable to record while it boots up to both FMU and card. The camera is basically inoperable during this time.

Which is why I am fortunate that it happened whilst shooting the location shoot and reception setup.

I have concluded it is definitely a faulty Transcend 32GB card.

Cristian Adrian Olariu February 22nd, 2011 12:02 PM

Re: a format error has occured in memory card A : SOS

Ok, now I understand the situation.
I got three small errors since March (I don't have the FMU), but in my case it happened during recording, on 8 GB MS Pro Duo's (Taiwan). And it restarted automatically... that's why I wonder what happens when recording on FMU and memory cards.