DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/)
-   -   hyperdeck shuttle and FS100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/499195-hyperdeck-shuttle-fs100.html)

Fernando Hermoso August 4th, 2011 05:54 AM

hyperdeck shuttle and FS100

hello
Blackmagic recently made ​​digital recorder upgrade Hyperdeck to optimize compatibility with nex-FS100, I just did the update and tell you that it works perfectly.
must put the hdmi output in 1080i mode, the recorder will recognize the input signal and the LED video light, the camera is in recording mode the recorder will record 1080p uncompressed 4:2:2 progressive with a rate of 1020 Mbit / sec.

The tests I've done the material is fantastically well and appreciates the difference with the material recorded in avchd.

you can download the update from this link: Blackmagic Design: Support Detail

Serena Steuart August 10th, 2011 01:38 AM

Re: hyperdeck shuttle and FS100

Is 1020Mb/s correct? Having trouble correlating that with the usual 99MB/s for 8bit 1920x1080 25p. The recording media for the shuttle makes it expensive.

Martin Noboa August 10th, 2011 05:34 AM

Hyperdeck shuttle with the FS100 is same story as the NInja right? Through HDMI is 8-bit HD not 10?

Shawn Sutherland September 9th, 2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fernando Hermoso (Post 1672444)
hello
Blackmagic recently made ​​digital recorder upgrade Hyperdeck to optimize compatibility with nex-FS100, I just did the update and tell you that it works perfectly.
must put the hdmi output in 1080i mode, the recorder will recognize the input signal and the LED video light, the camera is in recording mode the recorder will record 1080p uncompressed 4:2:2 progressive with a rate of 1020 Mbit / sec.

The tests I've done the material is fantastically well and appreciates the difference with the material recorded in avchd.

you can download the update from this link: Blackmagic Design: Support Detail

As a proud owner of the NEX-FS100UK Camera with the Hyperdeck Shuttle I can't begin to tell you how pleased I was to hear that there's a simple Workflow for removing the 2:3 Pull Down using Apple Compressor available with Final Cut Pro Studio:

Simple Workflow for Removing 2:3 Pull Down | CineTechnica

Couldn't be happier.

There's just one little problem.

I don't own a Mac.

I own a PC with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

OK now what?

Any ideas?

Jeff Troiano October 13th, 2011 09:51 AM

Hey, I wanted to ask.

When you do over or under cranking, does recording on the hyperdeck work the same as in camera? Like if I record at 60p and camera plays back at 30p for half speed slow motion? Will this work going out hdmi into hyperdeck as well?

Unless canon makes an announcement for a af100, fs100 competitor ($5k price range). I'll most likely be picking up the fs100. Since my indie aspirations include visual fx laden footage, I'm interested in the uncompressed footage the hyperdeck would give. So I'm curious how the over and under cranking would work with the hdmi output.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Troiano December 11th, 2011 09:55 AM

Hey, I was hoping you guys might give an update to this thread? Looking at picking up the hyperdeck, for green screen and VFX shots, for my own productions. Was hoping you'd share your impressions now that you've had the hyperdeck for a little while now. are you pleased with the equipment combo? Are you using with Mac or PC workflow (I'm Mac)? Able to record all frame rates?

Thank you for taking the time,
Jefff

Thomas Wong March 8th, 2012 09:54 PM

Is there any option of recording format and quality when record to hyperdeck? looks like uncompressed codec takes lot of space, can it record Apple ProRes into the hyperdeck?

besides, it use SSD drive, can i use standard 2.5" SATA drive?

for the SDI connector, looks like it's RCA type. How can I get a cable to convert it to BNC SDI cable?

Daniel Epstein March 8th, 2012 09:59 PM

The New Hyperdeck 2 can record Avid DNXHD. Don't think there is a ProRes option yet. AJA has offered that on their recorder but it is much higher cost machine

Thomas Wong March 8th, 2012 11:37 PM

i agree that hyperdeck is the cheapest one that do in very high quaility
it also act as a HDMI to SDI converter, coz it has HDMI in out and SDI in out
$50 extra money than BlackMagic HDMI SDI converter.